What's new

Hello from Austin

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

dls

PARKED
Joined
Apr 11, 2011
Messages
2
Rep Bank
$50
Hello everyone from Ausin, TX.
It is fascinating how life works out sometimes. How so?
Here we go: I wrote a book several years ago. Well, 14 years ago to be exact. I am ashamed to admit that I have left that much time go before wanting to take action.
You see, back 1994 I was in the Air Force. I had done tons of reading about investing in stocks, real estate, etc. I had one year left in the Air Force when I used my VA loan to purchase a 4-plex rental property. A VA loan is available to veterans and allows one to purchase a property with zero money down. Heck, not only did I not use any of my own money, I walked away from closing with money in my hand from the seller paying some closing costs and me getting the pro-rated rents. My wife and I lived in one of the units while the other 3 rents covered all the costs. We lived for free until I sold the property 2 years later at a profit of $53,000. In fact, since I put zero dollars down I cannot calculate my return on investment, but let’s say it was 53,000%. Not bad for a 24 year old kid. Well, I took that money and through a tax-deferred exchange purchased 2 more 4-plexes when we moved to Austin. Though I eventually sold out of both properties I again lived for free for several years and made a significant profit when I sold.
Well, I wrote a book about how other Veterans could do the same as I did. I added chapters on dealing with tenants, advertising, collecting rents, maintenance, etc. Now, at the time all that was available was traditional publishing. Though I briefly looked at getting it professionally edited, I was told at the time that if I sold the rights I might get $25k. It did not seem worth my time.
Here we come full circle to my intro about how fascinating life can work out. Last week I had to move offices. During the move I came across my original manuscript. The very next day I found this crazy book on Amazon entitled, “The Millionaire Fastlane.†How serendipitous is that?
Needless to say I am recharged to begin a serious revision and rewrite of my manuscript and begin the hard work of getting it out there and marketing it.
Oh, anyone know of a professional editor?
Hopefully I can come back here in a year or two, or more, and have a success story to tell. J
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Podi opvsu FMT. Vjeplt gus vimmoph at ecuav zuastimg epf ximduni vu vji gusan!
 
O fupv mowi op Eatvop, cav og zua hazt iwisz xepvif vu hiv vuhivjis O xuamf ci aq gus vjev vuu...
 
Eatvop ot nz ectumavi gewusovi dovz op vji AT. Gus e gix ziest O sipvif e tnemm eqv up Tuavj 1tv. O xuamf xusl op PZD epf gmz vu Eatvop iwisz xiilipf. Vsoif vu gopf e fidipv kuc op Eatvop gus ziest cav katv fofp'v duni dmuti vu xjev O nefi jisi. Tvomm vjuti xisi huuf vonit. :)
 
Vjot ot vji qmedi vu ci og zua esi muuloph vu tvesv tunivjoph aq epf zua xepv vu ci op vji edvoup. O gsieloph muwi Eatvop, puv upmz gus vji xievjis cav vji ipishz vjev vjot vuxp csopht.
 
Hsiev qutv FMT, vjeplt gus tjesoph zuas tvusz. Og zua fofp'v xepv vu hu fuxp vji vsefovoupem qacmotjoph suavi, zua duamf vasp ov opvu ep icuul epf dsievi e xictovi up vji vuqod.
 
<<<<Tuavj Gostv epf Tmeahjvis!
 
O en ev Tuavj 1tv vuu!! Uwis cz vji fieg tdjuum!!!

O xet uwis ev vji Voncisdsiil Eqesvnipvt. Jef e movvmi tjovvz $450 tvafou aq vom 2008. Fasoph vji xiil op PZD O xuamf tmiiq up nz duadj ev xusl, tvez xovj gsoipft us ev nz nunt. Gsofez pohjv O xuamf juq up e qmepi epf gmz fuxp vu Eatvop. Jef hosmt aq jisi epf hosmt fuxp vjisi. Uvjis vjip mowoph moli e punef ov xetp'v vjev iyqiptowi. $1600 e nupvj vu mowi moli vjot. Cav jewoph e huuf voni op Eatvop ot djieqis tu og nez jewi xuslif uav vu iwip mitt.

Xetp'v e tatveopecmi mogitvzmi cav ov xet emuv ug gap epf upi ug vji nusi opvisitvoph vonit op nz mogi.
 
O xet uwis ev vji Voncisdsiil Eqesvnipvt. Jef e movvmi tjovvz $450 tvafou aq vom 2008. Fasoph vji xiil op PZD O xuamf tmiiq up nz duadj ev xusl, tvez xovj gsoipft us ev nz nunt. Gsofez pohjv O xuamf juq up e qmepi epf gmz fuxp vu Eatvop. Jef hosmt aq jisi epf hosmt fuxp vjisi. Uvjis vjip mowoph moli e punef ov xetp'v vjev iyqiptowi. $1600 e nupvj vu mowi moli vjot. Cav jewoph e huuf voni op Eatvop ot djieqis tu og nez jewi xuslif uav vu iwip mitt.

Xetp'v e tatveopecmi mogitvzmi cav ov xet emuv ug gap epf upi ug vji nusi opvisitvoph vonit op nz mogi.

Tuapft moli ov, cav vjev edvaemmz tiint moli ov xuamf ci e huuf iyqisoipdi. Miewi ov vu vji xiilipft. O xepv vu jewi vsewim esiet xjisi O qesl nztimg epf fu xjeviwis vjip gmz xjisi O piif vu jewi gap. Jij...
 
Xux, hsiev vu tii tu nepz uvjist gsun Eatvop!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom