The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Friends

Nomad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

After lurking on these forums for some time, here is my proper introduction to you all.

I'm 26 and live in London, UK. The 'there's more to life than the 9-5' switch came on in my mind first after reading the 4hww and since then I've been consuming business books and videos like mad in an attempt to educate myself.

I can't remember how exactly I found the forum a month or two ago, but reading a few of the threads and watching MJ's videos on YouTube made me realise I'd stumbled onto a real goldmine of information and people who are really striving to make it.

I bought the book soon after and I've read it twice and love it! I recommend it to everyone.

I've tried affiliate marketing and other similar things (adsense) but I just felt like it was something to make a quick buck than providing people with something decent.

Reading the book and what other people have written/discussed, it really resonated with me that I should provide true VALUE and this is the path I am going to travel down.

Funnily enough, as I was reading another book that was recommended on here, 'Random Reminiscences of Men and Events' by John Rockefeller, I stumbled upon this gem of a paragraph which I'd like to share with anyone who has not read the book:

"If I were to give advice to a young man starting out in life, I should say to him: If you aim for a large, broad-gauged success, do not begin your business career, whether you sell your labour or are an independent producer, with the idea of getting from the world by hook or crook all you can. In the choice of your profession or your business employment, let your first thought be: Where can I fit in so that I may be most effective in the work of the world? Where can I lend a hand in a way most effectively to advance the general interests? Enter life in such a spirit, choose your vocation in that way, and you have taken the first step on the highest road to a large success. Investigation will show that the great fortunes which have been made in this country, and the same is probably true of other lands, have come to men who have performed great and far-reaching economic services—men who, with great faith in the future of their country, have done most for the development of its resources. The man will be most successful who confers the greatest service on the world. Commercial enterprises that are needed by the public will pay. Commercial enterprises that are not needed fail, and ought to fail."

Thanks for reading,

Nomad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...