The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fellow Fastliners! My past/present/future; goals with the community.

zachonaboat

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2013
East Coast
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself to this vibrant community. I've spent the last two weeks going through thousand plus threads in my interest, and I am taking the next step to step out of the shadows and become vocal. My goal is to increase my general business knowledge for my two startups, and keep my mouth shut listening to gain as much as possible from those "above" me.

My past:
I spent every single day of my youth in a business owner relationship - my father was a serial entrepreneur owning/operating a total of three up to current time. I learned a lot from him about running a business, and seems only recently in the past few years starting realizing what he was teaching me is wrong in some areas (and thus never reached his full potential in his business(es) as a result of lack of leadership and mentors as he grew as a business owner). I've recently learned by online research and advice from others on the topics of hiring talent to do the work that one can't do easily and have them do it better; your time is the most valuble thing you have and never work for "free"; having an eye on the KPI of your business is imperative; reaching out to others for help is ok; the competition can also be your income; and more... As a result I see my dad suffer a bit with his business, while mine are doing great. I try to help but it's hard. I do feel proud to come from a long line of people who will find the way to provide for the family.

My present:
I am approaching 30 quicker than I would like. I have two startups that are profitable and have been for a few years now. I started the first one in high school, in the web development space. My second start up launched a few years ago and is in the staffing space and often services clients from my first startup which is nice. Both are doing well, servicing a great set of clients and brands, and I have an amazing team behind me to work with both huge Fortune 100 brands and small businesses alike. I absolutely love being an entrepreneur. I love giving back to my community, and knowing that 10+ people and their families benefit from the income that I produce as the CEO/sales dog. In the past year I've recently shifted to focus more on the sales, and now focusing on how to better myself and my company to reach a few personal and internal goals for the next 12 months. To do this I need to get my companies to the next level - they are profitable, but I want to double our client base and thus doubling our weekly billable hours. To do this I need more long term business relationships. I need to grow to the next level personally and professionally.

My future:
As I said above I have a few goals I want to meet for the company as well as personal, and I am using my business experience to get me there. I can't find any funding from the bank for my third "startup" idea I am working (not really a startup, just another form of income with a rental real estate project), so will have to wait on that once I get more personal capital. My profile name is reference to my love of the ocean and boating. One of my goals is to get a small boat once I reach one of our milestones financially.

What I want From This Community:
I'll be searching and posting a lot in the website/web development/software topics, as well as the virutal assistant topics. I will be soaking as much as I can in on the realty subjects. I hope I can help others too with the knowledge that I have in just being a business owner. I will be running a lot of questions by the community on a variety of topics, and will try to answers those asked by others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
You've come to the right place. Welcome, looking forward to learning from you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...