The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

jmod

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Aug 29, 2019
Hi Fastlaners,

I'm jmod and I came across this channel after reading Fastlane Millionaire 2 years ago after being completely disatified with my job and life. At the time I felt like I'd done all the traditionally 'right' things (college degree, competitive grad job, expensive city apartment) but I was completely miserable and dreading the fact that I had to go into work everyday. It wasn't like I had a bad job, my bosses were great and for a grad I had quite a competitve salary, but I just couldn't handle the idea of spending another minute sitting behind that desk.

I thought for a long time that there was something wrong with me because my whole life I was convinced that this was what successful adults did. That's when I started to think objectively about what made me happy and what success really was, I stripped away all of my predisposed ideas of what others around me throught being 'successful' meant and wrote down what made me happy and excited about life. Unfortunately, none of them required a college degree (although, I'm still proud I got one as my family are first generation refugees), a job at a top listed ASX company, financed car loan that I could barely afford or 3 weeks of annual leave that was at the mercy of my boss's mood that day.

That's when I stumbled across Fastlane Millionaire -- it was confronting and a total game changer for me. It was as if someone was reassuring everything I felt and knew was true. Since then, I've quit my job (almost 2 years now!), I've lived in Europe for a year with my partner while working online and am now saving up for my next big idea. The journey hasn't always been easy, I've invested lots of time into dead end business ideas and learnt expensive lessons. I don't have my million dollar idea yet, I work longer hours and I'm probably not making as much money as I would have if I just kept working my corporate job, but I feel freer than ever and have not once felt that horrible sinking feeling in my stomach of having to wake up and live my life on someone elses terms. I'm comforted by the fact that every mistake and setback I've made so far has made me smarter, more resiliant and closer to launching a successful business.

Sorry for the long intro! I look forward to contributing and learning from this thread.

:) jmod

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...