The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fastlaners, I'm happy to be a part of this forum, here's my story.

Ayo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 23, 2019
Hello guys,
My name's Ayo, I'm a Nigerian, and I'm happy to be here on this forum.

I am 21yrs old and about to enter University and here's my story, please don't mind the boring post and kindly read to the end.

I live with my dad and his wife (I learnt he separated with my mom from birth),
He is an emotional abuser, he curses and blackmails emotionally and I've had suicide thoughts a couple of times but I'm not prepared to die cuz i think suicide won't be an option.

So here goes my question.

I am currently having an online training on how to import goods from Asian countries to my country and sell them, but I won't be able to do anything in this house because my dad won't let me do anything, (when I was learning web design he doesn't let me go to work and I don't like it cuz he always say I don't need money for anything, and I feel like my dreams can't come true here cuz he wants me sitting and running errands for his wife then saying I can start a life of my own when I'm about 30 something, he won't let me have friends either and he also wants to impose his decisions on me and his wife doesn't really like me too),
So I'm thinking on selling my laptop and go to another state ( I have a state in mind with a low cost of living and schooling there is also cheap), so I can make a survey of what they need over there so I can start the business, then when I save enough to buy another laptop I have this idea of building a website that will be like an adverts website ( the website will place adverts for business owners and will make consumers to find what they want easily). That's all I can say for now, please if you understand me kindly give your advice,

Thanks for your time .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DannyBow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 7, 2017
United States
Hello guys,
My name's Ayo, I'm a Nigerian, and I'm happy to be here on this forum.

I am 21yrs old and about to enter University and here's my story, please don't mind the boring post and kindly read to the end.

I live with my dad and his wife (I learnt he separated with my mom from birth),
He is an emotional abuser, he curses and blackmails emotionally and I've had suicide thoughts a couple of times but I'm not prepared to die cuz i think suicide won't be an option.

So here goes my question.

I am currently having an online training on how to import goods from Asian countries to my country and sell them, but I won't be able to do anything in this house because my dad won't let me do anything, (when I was learning web design he doesn't let me go to work and I don't like it cuz he always say I don't need money for anything, and I feel like my dreams can't come true here cuz he wants me sitting and running errands for his wife then saying I can start a life of my own when I'm about 30 something, he won't let me have friends either and he also wants to impose his decisions on me and his wife doesn't really like me too),
So I'm thinking on selling my laptop and go to another state ( I have a state in mind with a low cost of living and schooling there is also cheap), so I can make a survey of what they need over there so I can start the business, then when I save enough to buy another laptop I have this idea of building a website that will be like an adverts website ( the website will place adverts for business owners and will make consumers to find what they want easily). That's all I can say for now, please if you understand me kindly give your advice,

Thanks for your time .

You definitely need to get out of that house and either start living on your own or with some friends for a while so you can start doing what you want to do. There are many places to live for very cheap to even free costs (airbnb, rent-for-work, relatives, roommates). You'll definitely be able to come up with something if you look hard enough and if you are able to stay local with a friend or someone then you won't have to sell your laptop and you can start on the online adverts website. As for schooling, if you really think you need it then go for it, but whatever it is that your studying you can probably learn it for free using a beautiful thing called the internet (save time commuting, books, etc.)
Step One is getting out of that house or else you will never be able to achieve the things you want if your father won't ever allow it. You can always try really talking to him and telling him your plan, but I have a feeling you have tried that already.
If money isn't a key necessity for you right now, try branching out to some businesses that entice you and tell them that you are interested in working/helping them for free/minimum pay (for a while) and use that time as a learning experience that can develop your skills.

Good luck my friend. Wish the best.

Ayo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 23, 2019
You definitely need to get out of that house and either start living on your own or with some friends for a while so you can start doing what you want to do. There are many places to live for very cheap to even free costs (airbnb, rent-for-work, relatives, roommates). You'll definitely be able to come up with something if you look hard enough and if you are able to stay local with a friend or someone then you won't have to sell your laptop and you can start on the online adverts website. As for schooling, if you really think you need it then go for it, but whatever it is that your studying you can probably learn it for free using a beautiful thing called the internet (save time commuting, books, etc.)
Step One is getting out of that house or else you will never be able to achieve the things you want if your father won't ever allow it. You can always try really talking to him and telling him your plan, but I have a feeling you have tried that already.
If money isn't a key necessity for you right now, try branching out to some businesses that entice you and tell them that you are interested in working/helping them for free/minimum pay (for a while) and use that time as a learning experience that can develop your skills.

Good luck my friend. Wish the best.
Thanks so much for your response, I've actually tried contacting a friend of mine and i begged him if i could stay with him for a while to get things together, but he's not responding and i'm thinking maybe it won't be convenient for him, that's what brought about the idea of selling my laptop to go and start the business first, and I also need a new environment so that I can think well, I'll still try Asking him if he can consider me moving in with him.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
There are things like Amazon FBA and other fulfillment services like Selery that can accept orders from a manufacturer or wholesaler and then ship them for you to your customer. This means the inventory never has to go to you personally, and saves you the time of dealing with packaging and shipping too.

And gtfo out of the house. Your dad sounds like a pretty classic narc.

Welcome and goodluck on your journey!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...