The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone

lifeNchoices

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Nov 13, 2016
I'm finally happy to join this forum. I currently live on the east coast and thought I was living the American Dream. I'm currently a well paid slowlaner looking to move into the fastlane. I own a IT consulting business and while I do well, I exchange lots of time for money which is crippling my free time with my growing family. I'm looking to share what I do know and gain some knolowdge on how to move into a newer way of thinking.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
If you really own your business you are already in the fastlane, you just didn't recognize it.
Read the book especially the chapters about processes, and try to create them in your company, they will reduce complexity and free up time.

Last edited:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
If you really own your business you are already in the fastlane, you just didn't recognize it.
Read the book especially the capters about processes, and try to create them in your company, they will reduce complexity and free up time.

He'll be fastlane if he can separate his time from money, and turn that money into either passive income enough to cover his expenses with leftovers, or take the business to a liquidation event and cash out big.

@lifeNchoices , welcome.

Make sure you read the book.

lifeNchoices

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Nov 13, 2016
I listen to the audio book on my train ride in, its how i found out about the errors I've been making with time. I maybe able to pull in close to 450K this year, but it will cost 10-12 hour days most of the weeks of the year. With small children at home I can't do this forever, but me and the wife agreed we can tough it out since this can be a big year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I maybe able to pull in close to 450K

Nice! Is this after taxes?

You effectively could do that for a few years, go on a saving/frugality rampage, and effectively "retire" in a few years -- assuming you move out of the big city.

Big cities will take 50% of everything you earn through higher taxes, higher rents, higher gas, higher cost of living, higher this, higher that.

lifeNchoices

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Nov 13, 2016
This is before taxes. I have a few good paying clients, some paying as high as 250/hr. I have few contractors I use which is how i should be able to get to 450K. However I'm working hard as hell and the part that sucks is that these high paying gigs can disappear at moments notice they have in the past, so I want something with a little more control. This site has been very enlightening to me.

Yes I do live in a city, and pay the high city taxes, city mortgage, and so on. I'm trying to hold steady on our current home until the little ones start school.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...