The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Dentists Physios!! What are some ways to reach out to Clinic Owners?

Marketing, social media, advertising

josh_ting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jul 12, 2020
Australia
Hey guys

Been trying a few different ways to reach out to Clinic owners, I'm helping them build and improve their websites. Been making loom videos, giving free video audits, attaching that via email. What's difficult for me is that cold calls, cold emails don't seem to work really well for this target professional as 1) they are usually fully booked by patients from 8-5 2) the receptionist interjects most of them. As a medical student myself, I think that the best way within the healthcare field is probably word of mouth, and referrals, and in person networking. Online approaches I would say perhaps personal emails and Linkedin DM.

Are there any other good ideas on how to reach these clinic owners?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
If you are targeting people who are busy with patients all day long from 08:00 onwards then what is your idea of improving their website?

Dan

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I have a few clients that run clinics. If I look at everyone they hire or partner with, from inside the clinic itself or for outside services, it is usually local, people they know, etc. You are right that referrals and word of mouth are king here.

So, rather than offering free loom videos, cold calling, and presenting yourself as an outsider, why not make yourself the go-to resource for healthcare clinic websites?

Create a simple branded website yourself - healthcarewebdesignstudios.com, localclinicwebdesign.com, etc.

Create 5-6 samples and show them in a portfolio. Create a mock case study. Touch on important notes like how you can easily integrate their website with patient portals (it can literally be just a link), improve local search results, SEO, etc.

What all of this really boils down to is sales. You don't need to do anything I mentioned. But it's an idea to help your sales process which is struggling. I don't know what your strengths/weaknesses are in that area or why it hasn't been working so far, but it's more than just getting stonewalled by the secretary. Spending a couple of days and under $100 to make your own clinic web design brand might help with how you present yourself, improve that sales process, and help the people you talk with take you more serious.

josh_ting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jul 12, 2020
Australia
Awesome, thank you guys very much for the input I was thinking along the same lines, spending more time to build a presentable brand, especially for this demographic.

I've been interviewing healthcare professionals and clinic owners just from my network, listening and learning about their headaches in their day to day operation. There's a lot of operations that can be streamlined and I'm super excited, I'm sort of reading asking people around to brainstorm solutions for these problems. To be honest, I'm not romantic about building websites but obsessed with how to alleviate headaches for these healthcare professioanls. If a website would solve their problem, perfect. If it doesn't I'll go and find the people necessary with the expertise to solve the problem.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Hey guys

Been trying a few different ways to reach out to Clinic owners, I'm helping them build and improve their websites. Been making loom videos, giving free video audits, attaching that via email. What's difficult for me is that cold calls, cold emails don't seem to work really well for this target professional as 1) they are usually fully booked by patients from 8-5 2) the receptionist interjects most of them. As a medical student myself, I think that the best way within the healthcare field is probably word of mouth, and referrals, and in person networking. Online approaches I would say perhaps personal emails and Linkedin DM.

Are there any other good ideas on how to reach these clinic owners?

Are you based in Australia? Going to give you my input from the German market and as a fellow physician with an extended physician family owning medical practises.

1) Do they care about their website?
Truth is that we have so much to do that most of us are comfortable where we are at. A lot of the times docs dont really want any new patients as they are already filled up with appointments months in advance.

2) What specialities are you targeting?
No 1 might not be true for some highly competitive specialities such as any cosmetic medicine and plastic surgery. Yes they earn a lot but they also need to blow 5 figures a month on ads to sustain that. If you have a GP which earns a nice side income with aesthetics then having a nice website is a start, but its not good enough. In other words, you are not providing enough value with a simple website offer.

3) We are used to marketing crap
Bombarded by pharma, medical device companies and literally everyone who wants to have a slice of a physicians salary sends info to these practises. They are easy to find, identifyable and simple to market. Physicians are also not as tech-savy so that they barely check their E-mails. And also have no time to read any of that. IMO, classic letters have a chance if extremely intriguing but many times it gets binned before read. e.g My Dad threw his clinic vaccination invitional letter for COVID away even though it was an official letter.

My advice is to build 1 to 1 relationships with doctors and build them a website that solves a problem. Maybe its repeat prescriptions or booking appointments. Maybe they are looking to get patients in a niche. Thats something for you to figure out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.