- Joined
- Jun 25, 2011
- Messages
- 831
Rep Bank
$1,855
$1,855
User Power: 151%
I wanted to share what the last 6 months of my life has looked like for anyone who takes good health for granted.
Some of you may recall that I was fired from my job roughly 6 months ago......it had nothing to do with my performance, attitude, or quality of work. It was a power play.....pure and simple. The CEO needed a sacrificial lamb to hand over on a silver plate to the customer for HIS failed leadership. I was the lamb.
To top off matters, I noticed that my new glasses weren't helping my vision. A couple of days after I was let go, I went back to the optometrist. After looking a little closer, he found something he didn't catch earlier......cataracts. I was already stressed, my self esteem was destroyed, and now, I am left looking for jobs with my eyesight getting progressively getting worse. All of my fastlane dreams and motivation came to a screeching halt. Let me tell you, something as simple as cataracts can and WILL impact your motivation to make progress. I have had difficulty picking up a full-time permanent job with benefits that would allow me to get the surgery done. The surgery is around $8000 out of pocket.
My dad offered to take out a loan for me to get it done, but being the financial conservative that I am, I turned it down. In hindsight, I should have taken the loan and gotten it done asap. I have literally done nothing but sit around on my fat a$$ being depressed. This was in part due to the employment difficulties, but it had more to do with the fact that my vision is failing me. I cant enjoy a sunny day, a nice evening, working on my ipad or computer, or play a video game with my kid. I can only see silouettes of people if they are standing near any sort of light. My wife has to drive me around now. I am attaching a screenshot of what I've had to do to my monitor just to make it possible for me to work on a computer. Thankfully, the surgery on my right eye is next week, and the second eye will be done a week or two later.
My words of wisdom......dont put your health off, even for something minor. In my case, I have probably lost countless amounts of production due to my depression and impairment. I cant wait to pay the money and get this problem behind me.
Some of you may recall that I was fired from my job roughly 6 months ago......it had nothing to do with my performance, attitude, or quality of work. It was a power play.....pure and simple. The CEO needed a sacrificial lamb to hand over on a silver plate to the customer for HIS failed leadership. I was the lamb.
To top off matters, I noticed that my new glasses weren't helping my vision. A couple of days after I was let go, I went back to the optometrist. After looking a little closer, he found something he didn't catch earlier......cataracts. I was already stressed, my self esteem was destroyed, and now, I am left looking for jobs with my eyesight getting progressively getting worse. All of my fastlane dreams and motivation came to a screeching halt. Let me tell you, something as simple as cataracts can and WILL impact your motivation to make progress. I have had difficulty picking up a full-time permanent job with benefits that would allow me to get the surgery done. The surgery is around $8000 out of pocket.
My dad offered to take out a loan for me to get it done, but being the financial conservative that I am, I turned it down. In hindsight, I should have taken the loan and gotten it done asap. I have literally done nothing but sit around on my fat a$$ being depressed. This was in part due to the employment difficulties, but it had more to do with the fact that my vision is failing me. I cant enjoy a sunny day, a nice evening, working on my ipad or computer, or play a video game with my kid. I can only see silouettes of people if they are standing near any sort of light. My wife has to drive me around now. I am attaching a screenshot of what I've had to do to my monitor just to make it possible for me to work on a computer. Thankfully, the surgery on my right eye is next week, and the second eye will be done a week or two later.
My words of wisdom......dont put your health off, even for something minor. In my case, I have probably lost countless amounts of production due to my depression and impairment. I cant wait to pay the money and get this problem behind me.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Attachments
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
