- Joined
- Jan 16, 2013
- Messages
- 240
Rep Bank
$755
$755
User Power: 93%
Hey guys, I've done a bit of research and purchased my first set of products for a business revolving around safety razors. Originally my plan was to have it work on a subscription similar to how dollar shave club works, but that isn't as viable, as far as I can tell, for safety razors.
The most important reason it wouldn't work is because safety razors are not disposable. The razors are, however, but are very cheap. I'm dubious that I could earn a passable profit margin off of shipping razor blades to customers unless I did it in bulk. This wouldn't be a problem if I had millions of customers, and conceivably my customer base is roughly half the population (actually more since women can use safety razors as well, so I suppose it's the whole population of adults). If I do my marketing well enough this could be a thing?
Another thing I'm trying to reconcile is the entry materials for safety razor shaving. It would not be difficult for me to make some instructional videos on how to use a safety razor properly with peripherals, but I am finding it hard to make a pitch to potential customers that they need a safety razor instead of a disposable razor and that they should buy a cheap but quality safety razor off of me, as well as a brush, soap dish, and soap, and subscribe to razor blades.
Two things I've been trying to focus on as selling points:
- Cheaper than disposable razors over time (more expensive buyin)
- WAY closer shave
- Very eco friendly since razor blades are recyclable and you aren't tossing plastic every couple of weeks. (Could there be a service within receiving jars/containers of razor blades from customers to deposit for metal recycling?)
Sorry this is kind of a jumble.. I started working on two pages for split testing and then realized I hadn't really solidified how I should market this idea. Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully someone can help get me on track with a business focus.
The most important reason it wouldn't work is because safety razors are not disposable. The razors are, however, but are very cheap. I'm dubious that I could earn a passable profit margin off of shipping razor blades to customers unless I did it in bulk. This wouldn't be a problem if I had millions of customers, and conceivably my customer base is roughly half the population (actually more since women can use safety razors as well, so I suppose it's the whole population of adults). If I do my marketing well enough this could be a thing?
Another thing I'm trying to reconcile is the entry materials for safety razor shaving. It would not be difficult for me to make some instructional videos on how to use a safety razor properly with peripherals, but I am finding it hard to make a pitch to potential customers that they need a safety razor instead of a disposable razor and that they should buy a cheap but quality safety razor off of me, as well as a brush, soap dish, and soap, and subscribe to razor blades.
Two things I've been trying to focus on as selling points:
- Cheaper than disposable razors over time (more expensive buyin)
- WAY closer shave
- Very eco friendly since razor blades are recyclable and you aren't tossing plastic every couple of weeks. (Could there be a service within receiving jars/containers of razor blades from customers to deposit for metal recycling?)
Sorry this is kind of a jumble.. I started working on two pages for split testing and then realized I hadn't really solidified how I should market this idea. Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully someone can help get me on track with a business focus.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
