- Joined
- Dec 5, 2011
- Messages
- 200
Rep Bank
$1,030
$1,030
User Power: 198%
In short, I'm thinking about running a giveaway to try and gain exposure for my product. My idea consists of giving away a niche related product worth about $50 (Triathlon/Fitness in my case) and then having entries to the contest created for each person by having them share on facebook/twitter, etc. Go to the product page and pick their favorite product, sign up for the e-mail list (newsletter) and so on.
My main objectives for this would be to capture e-mails for future marketing and make people aware I have a product that they might want (leading to sales we'd hope).
The question I'm wondering is has anyone else done this before? Can you do it "from scratch" i.e. without a big e-mail list/constituency already or do you need one to start with and is it an effective form of advertising? Any logistical solutions would be great too, but just wanted the INSIDERS input before I continue pursuing this form of marketing.
My main objectives for this would be to capture e-mails for future marketing and make people aware I have a product that they might want (leading to sales we'd hope).
The question I'm wondering is has anyone else done this before? Can you do it "from scratch" i.e. without a big e-mail list/constituency already or do you need one to start with and is it an effective form of advertising? Any logistical solutions would be great too, but just wanted the INSIDERS input before I continue pursuing this form of marketing.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
