The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anyone else been in this stage and how did you get through it?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Spyros12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 8, 2023
So I recently read an article about action faking and the difference between doing the real work and just faking it.And as a wantepreuneur am in a stage that im learning and I am adopting a fastlane mindset , trying to have progress in general.But I honestly cannot understand if am action faking or in the process of being in the fastlane.Im trying to find some clients for my business, but I dedicate most of the time in learning and not actually doing the real work.If someone has been in this stage , I would apreciate an advice on what should I actually do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cmh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
Action faking is a funny thing, because most of the "action faking" is valuable if it's part of a plan, but not valuable otherwise. For example, some say working on your website is an action fake. Well, it could be, or it could be important if you then plan to talk to clients. The client wants to see the website because it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling that you are legit.

What specifically are you doing that you are unsure if it is of value?

With regards to sales, you need to quantify your funnel, then a simple glance at your CRM or spreadsheet tracker will let you know if you're doing enough or not.

Spyros12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 8, 2023
Action faking is a funny thing, because most of the "action faking" is valuable if it's part of a plan, but not valuable otherwise. For example, some say working on your website is an action fake. Well, it could be, or it could be important if you then plan to talk to clients. The client wants to see the website because it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling that you are legit.

What specifically are you doing that you are unsure if it is of value?

With regards to sales, you need to quantify your funnel, then a simple glance at your CRM or spreadsheet tracker will let you know if you're doing enough or not.
Thank you for the reply , I 100% agree with you.
What specifically are you doing that you are unsure if it is of value?i
In this particular time am focusing more on learning instead of actually working on my business.Am focusing more on gathering information instead of learning it by experience,and my sales work is minimum.So I don't actually know if I am progressing by studying and learning or am just action faking.

cmh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
Thank you for the reply , I 100% agree with you.

In this particular time am focusing more on learning instead of actually working on my business.Am focusing more on gathering information instead of learning it by experience,and my sales work is minimum.So I don't actually know if I am progressing by studying and learning or am just action faking.
  • What industry is your business in?
  • What service/product do you provide to that industry?
  • How much domain experience or education do you already have?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Spyros12 everyone starts in that phase. most stay there forever. don't be one of them.

want the way out? go sell something. do something.
But @ZCP , I don't know what to do! ... of course you don't.
quit reading and start doing.

turn $1 into $2 and report back.
but @ZCP , i don't know how to do that! .... of course you don't
time to open your mind and start to see opportunities!

start a progress thread, tag a few of us, and GET TO IT!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
But @ZCP , i want to know the 'best' way! ..... there isn't one. or we would all be doing it.
But @ZCP , that sounds hard. ......yep. growth happens in discomfort
But @ZCP , i don't know the step by step for how to do that ...... good. go fail a lot and report back.

you got this!

Spyros12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 8, 2023
  • What industry is your business in?
  • What service/product do you provide to that industry?
  • How much domain experience or education do you already have?
So right now I haven't started anything official , but the business is about a manufacturing company, and the goal is to provide clothes in big companies. Right now, im learning about sales and trying to adopt a fastlane strategy in the business . I know how the clothing industry works in my country since my parents have been doing this for years , but I haven't taken any big steps into making this business a brand.

Spyros12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 8, 2023
@Spyros12 everyone starts in that phase. most stay there forever. don't be one of them.

want the way out? go sell something. do something.
But @ZCP , I don't know what to do! ... of course you don't.
quit reading and start doing.

turn $1 into $2 and report back.
but @ZCP , i don't know how to do that! .... of course you don't
time to open your mind and start to see opportunities!

start a progress thread, tag a few of us, and GET TO IT!
Thank you very much for the reply.! You are right and im going to be posting progress threads every week.
I know I have been procrastinating but I as you said I am going to get into work.

cmh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
So right now I haven't started anything official , but the business is about a manufacturing company, and the goal is to provide clothes in big companies. Right now, im learning about sales and trying to adopt a fastlane strategy in the business . I know how the clothing industry works in my country since my parents have been doing this for years , but I haven't taken any big steps into making this business a brand.

Knowing this, my advice for you is the same as Spyros. Just go for it. A few things you can do now, fairly cheaply (at least in most countries):
  • Lay the legal foundation for your company. In the US this would be an LLC
  • Lay the foundation for your brand: website, logo, social media
  • Explore designs and products
  • Prototype your designs and products with a sewing machine. Solicit honest feedback on them (don't seek compliments). Once they're good enough start hawking them.
I don't know how your country is, but there is a market for good clothes in the US. The quality here is atrocious, things fall apart in months. You might examine profitability on this as well; I'm assuming you'll not be able to beat the competition on price, and nor should you try. You want to sell a brand, not a commodity. Good luck.

Spyros12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 8, 2023
Knowing this, my advice for you is the same as Spyros. Just go for it. A few things you can do now, fairly cheaply (at least in most countries):
  • Lay the legal foundation for your company. In the US this would be an LLC
  • Lay the foundation for your brand: website, logo, social media
  • Explore designs and products
  • Prototype your designs and products with a sewing machine. Solicit honest feedback on them (don't seek compliments). Once they're good enough start hawking them.
I don't know how your country is, but there is a market for good clothes in the US. The quality here is atrocious, things fall apart in months. You might examine profitability on this as well; I'm assuming you'll not be able to beat the competition on price, and nor should you try. You want to sell a brand, not a commodity. Good luck.
Thank you very much ,this was a very accurate and helpful response

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Spyros12 it has been 5 days. what have you completed? what will be completed this weekend?
what are your BIG THREE for next week?

Spyros12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 8, 2023
@Spyros12 it has been 5 days. what have you completed? what will be completed this weekend?
what are your BIG THREE for next we
@Spyros12 it has been 5 days. what have you completed? what will be completed this week
what are your BIG THREE for next week?
So, if im being completely honest this weekend I've been studying for the exams that im writing this week (I don't actually care about the exams ,but is something my parents begged me to do),but I also managed to send exactly 20 emails trying to sell a marketing service. I Also reduced my screen time about 1.5h (my goal is to minimize all distractions) . My top 3 things to do this week is number 1. to have one sale OR 2 responses of the marketing service I've been trying to sell 2. to reduce by 1 hour in average my screen time in social media.3.to find useful information about the market im about to join, and get in contact with other people in the manufacturing industry.I think This could be a right start to avoid procrastination , and actually start doing things but I honestly would love to hear an opinion!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
So I recently read an article about action faking and the difference between doing the real work and just faking it.And as a wantepreuneur am in a stage that im learning and I am adopting a fastlane mindset , trying to have progress in general.But I honestly cannot understand if am action faking or in the process of being in the fastlane.Im trying to find some clients for my business, but I dedicate most of the time in learning and not actually doing the real work.If someone has been in this stage , I would apreciate an advice on what should I actually do.
All boils to being honest with yourself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.