The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Tennessee

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Really excited to have found TMF and The Fastlane Forum. Here's who I am, where I'm at, and where I want to go. Forgive me if this runs long.

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to get ahead. I've just always had the desire deep inside, and I think the biggest motivation for me is the freedom to travel around as I please and not be controlled by someone else's business decisions.

About 3 1/2 years ago, in my early 30s, I finally pulled the trigger on a rental property. There were some rough patches, but after about 3 years of elbow grease and stress, I got it filled with reliable tenants, things were fixed up, and I started thinking about my next investment. It was at that time that, out of the blue, my friend told me about a book he had read, and he gave me his copy to read.

Now, I know MJ took a minor shot at Robert Two-Dads in his book, and there was plenty in his book that I would question, but man, it just opened the floodgates of my mind. All of these thoughts and lessons that had been floating around unorganized in my head over the years crystallized all of a sudden. It was at that point that the slow lane illusion crumbled in my mind. And I realized right then that I needed knowledge on how the world of wealth creation actually worked. Things nobody teaches in school. Things my parents didn't know because they've lived their entire lives in the slow lane.

I hadn't read anything educational since I left college. So, I started devouring books on Amazon: real estate, sales and marketing, negotiating, personal charisma, and most lately MJ's book, The Millionaire Fastlane . And damn, that's a good book. MJ, I'm glad you finished it, and I'm glad you created this forum.

So, where I'm at now: I own 2 rental properties (one multi-unit, and one single-family), and the house we currently live in has 2 studio apartments in the basement that I rent out to grad students. I'm sending out notices each month and getting back money with VERY LITTLE effort month-to-month. It's good.

But, it's not fastlane. I realized that in the back of my head before, but after reading TMF , that became very apparent to me. I like real estate, but I think I gravitated to it because I thought the only other way was to invent some earth-shattering innovation. I realize now that that's not the case.

I still want to increase my real estate investing, but that needs to accelerate in pace somehow (maybe private investment, I'm not sure yet). But after reading TMF, I realize there are other opportunities out there, and now my ears and eyes are open. And I'm glad to have a portal where I can discuss these things. I don't really have anyone that I can go in depth with all this about on a day-to-day basis.

TL;DR: I'm glad to be here, nice to meet you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
I know very little about Real Estate, but wanted to welcome you to the forum and ask you a question.

What other skills do you have that you could use to generate more cash to help speed up your Real Estate acquisitions?

Even Steven

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
@Mr.B, I'm a programmer, so app development is a possibility if I had an idea that I thought was marketable.

There's one other thing I'm working on right now. It won't be a huge moneymaker, I don't think...it's an instructional book of sorts for a foreign language. But, the scale is there, if marketed properly, to potentially move thousands or tens of thousands of units. But mostly this is a challenge to myself to see it all the way through.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Ideas are plentiful, there are thousands laying dormant in this forum alone. What matters in the execution. It sounds like you have skills that can be used to generate capital, which you could then use to rapidly acquire more real estate.

Maybe you could make an app that is an interactive version of the foreign language book you are considering?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Even Steven

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Maybe you could make an app that is an interactive version of the foreign language book you are considering?

I had envisioned something quite like that. And it could address some pain points that I see with currently available apps. Honestly, I thought about it, had some grand ideas about what it could be, and then shelved it in hopes of finding another idea because, quite frankly, it would be a lot of work.

But I guess that's the point, isn't it? That's Entry. The fact that it's a pain in the a$$ to make would make it that much better of a proposition. I guess that one's moving to the front of the list after I finish this book.

Thanks for the input.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
... and then shelved it in hopes of finding another idea because, quite frankly, it would be a lot of work.

@Even Steven - you know exactly what you have to do, you have the skills to do it, the question is, is it important to you to make this happen? Only you can answer that. Time is going to pass regardless.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...