The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

OFF-TOPIC Google Plus To Be Shut Down [New York Times]

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

George Appiah

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana

jon.M

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
That is just fabulous. Now we won't have to update our Google+ profile nobody cares about every time we want to change our Youtube profile picture.

Honestly, I don't think anyone will spend a second mourning the loss of this platform. I was a user once, as I ran a Youtube news channel at the time and was open to new mediums where I could reach more people.

Even then with all the hype... even with the fact you were forced to sign up if you wanted a Youtube account, and people claimed that it would be the "next Facebook"...

It was dead!

It's quite an example of how even the world's most powerful tech company can fail at launching a successful platform. But what did Google+ lack? Because to me, it seems like a wildly popular social media platform needs something special... something related to its very essence. It needs to have that je ne sais quoi.

What is it? I've no idea, and neither does Google seem to have. On the other hand, maybe they didn't even want it to be successful as a social network.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Awful news for the hundreds of google employees who will no longer be able to use their google plus accounts anymore....

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I'm waiting for Google to shut down Google Voice. Lots of people are going to be screwed. I have a number but I don't use it for business anymore because of the fact they shut down everything else and I don't want to be stranded.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm waiting for Google to shut down Google Voice. Lots of people are going to be screwed. I have a number but I don't use it for business anymore because of the fact they shut down everything else and I don't want to be stranded.
Hopefully they'll send us a notification. Would be a good thing for them to ask us if we have a gmail or other backup channels to sent all our contacts or private info to, at least a few months before closure.

What is it? I've no idea, and neither does Google seem to have. On the other hand, maybe they didn't even want it to be successful as a social network.
Maybe something supplementary to our office work, the same way Google Docs and Slides work.
However, for the latter two, we have Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
Somehow, Google Docs UI, even for simple text editing, bibliography formatting and scatterplot diagrams, is a mess.

OP
OP
George Appiah

George Appiah

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Maybe something supplementary to our office work, the same way Google Docs and Slides work.
From the announcement on Google's Blog, it looks they're going to push this as Yammer or Facebook for Work alternative.

At the same time, we have many enterprise customers who are finding great value in using Google+ within their companies. Our review showed that Google+ is better suited as an enterprise product where co-workers can engage in internal discussions on a secure corporate social network. Enterprise customers can set common access rules, and use central controls, for their entire organization. We’ve decided to focus on our enterprise efforts and will be launching new features purpose-built for businesses. We will share more information in the coming days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom