• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Google Plus To Be Shut Down [New York Times]

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by George Appiah, Oct 9, 2018.

1. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,089
    ZF Lee likes this.
  2. jon.M

jon.M Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $930
    That is just fabulous. Now we won't have to update our Google+ profile nobody cares about every time we want to change our Youtube profile picture.

Honestly, I don't think anyone will spend a second mourning the loss of this platform. I was a user once, as I ran a Youtube news channel at the time and was open to new mediums where I could reach more people.

Even then with all the hype... even with the fact you were forced to sign up if you wanted a Youtube account, and people claimed that it would be the "next Facebook"...

It was dead!

It's quite an example of how even the world's most powerful tech company can fail at launching a successful platform. But what did Google+ lack? Because to me, it seems like a wildly popular social media platform needs something special... something related to its very essence. It needs to have that je ne sais quoi.

What is it? I've no idea, and neither does Google seem to have. On the other hand, maybe they didn't even want it to be successful as a social network.

ZF Lee likes this.
  3. Jaden Jones

Jaden Jones Igloo Builder Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $427
    Awful news for the hundreds of google employees who will no longer be able to use their google plus accounts anymore....

ZF Lee likes this.
  4. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,467
    I'm waiting for Google to shut down Google Voice. Lots of people are going to be screwed. I have a number but I don't use it for business anymore because of the fact they shut down everything else and I don't want to be stranded.

ZF Lee likes this.
  5. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,311
    Hopefully they'll send us a notification. Would be a good thing for them to ask us if we have a gmail or other backup channels to sent all our contacts or private info to, at least a few months before closure.

Maybe something supplementary to our office work, the same way Google Docs and Slides work.
    However, for the latter two, we have Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
    Somehow, Google Docs UI, even for simple text editing, bibliography formatting and scatterplot diagrams, is a mess.

George Appiah likes this.
  6. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,089
    From the announcement on Google's Blog, it looks they're going to push this as Yammer or Facebook for Work alternative.

7. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,226
    Very sad news for all three people who use Google Plus

ChrisV likes this.