The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good office software?

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Hey all!

Looks like our office network needs an overhaul, so we're on the verge of opting for a paid DMS app that would do much of the heavy lifting from now on. What we're looking for is an app that will logically organize the files from all of our shared directories (there are 29 of us, counting the 4 members who work remotely from their homes) and allow us to quickly find a particular document upon searching for a keyword. I'm aware that MS SharePoint is an easy choice, but it might be a bit of an overkill for us...

Above else, we need these functions: OCR; the means to easily edit a PDF; version control; cloud sharing; price of $5-10 per month.
Any recommendations for such an app?

PS: please recommend something that's easy to install and use with Windows 10

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
Google Workspace?
You can import PDFs and convert them to other formats, version control, cloud sharing. Regarding OCR, I think there are plugins/apps for that.

nopalmer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2023
I used to work as an accountant and remember how quickly tensions tend to rise in such office environments, almost in the same instant after someone forgets to save the most recent changes lol. But you're correct to consider investing in DMS software (or scan-and-organize documents software), my experience shows that those can make a difference.

If you're looking for mid-range-priced ones, I suppose apps like Revver, FileCenter, NetDocuments, and Paperwise fit into that category very well. But, be sure to learn how they work before committing: no matter how intuitive a DMS app is, your team will have to learn things like setting up automated routing of new scans, mastering the UI, creating shortcuts to aid you later on, etc. I'm also sharing this guide for your reference.

I think many if not all of those apps are made for Windows, so they should integrate right away with the existing folder structures. Installing them shouldn't be too hard either, so that's as good as it gets. If you want to test the waters first, look for a free trial version and use that period wisely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.