The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Good Health Makes The Game Easy. Protect It At All Costs.

DeeCof

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
May 27, 2024
Central Florida
MJ,

Thanks so much for starting and maintaining this community for us all.

@MJ DeMarco - Can I ask you a question before I introduce myself?

Hope you don't mind..

1. How do you think of communities like this one?
2. Are they a good Fastlane primary profit centers or just value addons?

I think it would be great primary profit center for an email marketer because it builds closer relationships with your base, making it more likely they will stick with you and buy again in the future.

Thanks in advance for using your brain power to help me clarify my thinking here because building a community for my Avatar is the next thing on my to do list.

Now, let me get into the reason I am writing this post...who am I.

Hi all, I'm Dee. A recovered, burnt out critical care nurse that nearly gave up on building a life I enjoyed living.

I was done, stick a fork in my a$$, done with the one I had built so diligently.

After a long conversation with myself at 3am, I finally made a decision.

Nothing good ever happens at 3am, but this time it did.

"Get busy living or get busy dying" as Dupree said on Shawshank Redemption was running through my mind that night on repeat.

I started taking massive action that day. I didn't wait or say (I'll do it tomorrow).

I started rethinking everything and taking action immediately to get out of the golden handcuffs of my job.

I started experiments, doing all kinds of new things, just to see what I liked to do.

All I knew was putting everyone else's needs ahead of my needs wasn't working so I started saying no much more often which freed up massive amounts of time. (Don't get me wrong, I became a Nurse because caring about others is who I am at my core.)

My problem is the opposite of so many who think only about how to win the game of life by ignoring everyone else to build the perfect life for themselves. (Hint, That doesn't make you happy either.)

There must be balance.

I've learned that I have to put my needs and wants first otherwise I will end up not trusting myself and hating my life. While at the same time I must not ignore others of else my life will be shallow and unfulfilled.

All those lessons took over 45 years to learn.

Once I started writing a lot, building things online, learning as I went, doing what I wanted to do with my time, whether I got paid or not, everything clicked.

I figured it out and loved every minute of it.

I realized I lacked so many other skills so I got to work learning and putting what I had learned into action.

At first I dived into web building & copywriting which led to content marketing and email marketing.

As long as I am alive, I will be adding new skills.

This how I found your Millionaire Fastlane book.

Now, I have built my authority up among my target group and have a decent list of engaged people.

I became hooked on using the skills I learned to build a new plan that combined my love with making a difference in others who are struggling with certain problems and helping myself do what I want.

I've found several people who have opened my eyes along the way to new ways to see the world. Whose books have catapulted my thinking light years ahead of how I used to think.

@MJ DeMarco Your book is now on that list.

Anyway, that is the long-winded way of saying, I hope I to learn from you all as I am passing through this part of my life.

Remember this is but a season in all of our, very limited lifetimes.

You are meant to grow and expand, one day the student, the next the mentor.

All the best,
Dee

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
MJ,

Thanks so much for starting and maintaining this community for us all.

@MJ DeMarco - Can I ask you a question before I introduce myself?

Hope you don't mind..

1. How do you think of communities like this one?
2. Are they a good Fastlane primary profit centers or just value addons?

I think it would be great primary profit center for an email marketer because it builds closer relationships with your base, making it more likely they will stick with you and buy again in the future.

Thanks in advance for using your brain power to help me clarify my thinking here because building a community for my Avatar is the next thing on my to do list.

Now, let me get into the reason I am writing this post...who am I.

Hi all, I'm Dee. A recovered, burnt out critical care nurse that nearly gave up on building a life I enjoyed living.

I was done, stick a fork in my a$$, done with the one I had built so diligently.

After a long conversation with myself at 3am, I finally made a decision.

Nothing good ever happens at 3am, but this time it did.

"Get busy living or get busy dying" as Dupree said on Shawshank Redemption was running through my mind that night on repeat.

I started taking massive action that day. I didn't wait or say (I'll do it tomorrow).

I started rethinking everything and taking action immediately to get out of the golden handcuffs of my job.

I started experiments, doing all kinds of new things, just to see what I liked to do.

All I knew was putting everyone else's needs ahead of my needs wasn't working so I started saying no much more often which freed up massive amounts of time. (Don't get me wrong, I became a Nurse because caring about others is who I am at my core.)

My problem is the opposite of so many who think only about how to win the game of life by ignoring everyone else to build the perfect life for themselves. (Hint, That doesn't make you happy either.)

There must be balance.

I've learned that I have to put my needs and wants first otherwise I will end up not trusting myself and hating my life. While at the same time I must not ignore others of else my life will be shallow and unfulfilled.

All those lessons took over 45 years to learn.

Once I started writing a lot, building things online, learning as I went, doing what I wanted to do with my time, whether I got paid or not, everything clicked.

I figured it out and loved every minute of it.

I realized I lacked so many other skills so I got to work learning and putting what I had learned into action.

At first I dived into web building & copywriting which led to content marketing and email marketing.

As long as I am alive, I will be adding new skills.

This how I found your Millionaire Fastlane book.

Now, I have built my authority up among my target group and have a decent list of engaged people.

I became hooked on using the skills I learned to build a new plan that combined my love with making a difference in others who are struggling with certain problems and helping myself do what I want.

I've found several people who have opened my eyes along the way to new ways to see the world. Whose books have catapulted my thinking light years ahead of how I used to think.

@MJ DeMarco Your book is now on that list.

Anyway, that is the long-winded way of saying, I hope I to learn from you all as I am passing through this part of my life.

Remember this is but a season in all of our, very limited lifetimes.

You are meant to grow and expand, one day the student, the next the mentor.

All the best,
Dee
Welcome and good luck.

You have been nice and caring to others. It is time to care about your own goals.

I was once being too scared to give. Fearing that there will be no reciprocation.

Until someone pointed out that this is going to limit my person growth and allowed me to break through on that mindset.

pmusu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
May 17, 2024
Amsterdam
Welcome to the forum!

I love reading because I think it's the biggest contributor to changing your life besides... living life by yourself. Which books are the ones that influenced you the most?

I needed to hear this fantastic quote again
"Get busy living or get busy dying" as Dupree said on Shawshank Redemption

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...