The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Good book to learn about investing in the stock market

Anything related to investing, including crypto

BLK85

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Sep 22, 2007
South Dakota
Im new to the stock market. I would like a good book or website to understand what everything means on a stock quote and what to look for in a good stock(this is probably more up to you what you think is good).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anything by William Oneill

ramy98

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Paperback)
by Edwin Lefevre

Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom (Hardcover)
by Van K Tharpe

werbl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 3, 2008
Racine, WI
I agree with Ramy, Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom is very good. I'm reading it right now. I would also recommend "Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading," by Alexander Elder, "Tools and Tactics for the Master Day Trader," by Oliver Valez (applies to other forms of trading, not just day-trading), and "Millionaire Traders..." by Kathy Lien.

You might also want to consider taking one of the classes that you see advertised on late night infomercials. I did a 3-day one and it was pretty good. I basically knew nothing and it was a good intro to the basics. I think it cost about $800, and I got to bring a friend with for free, so you can split that.

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Read a couple of the books mentioned above. By far the best book on trading psychology I've read is "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas.

Can't say enough good things about this book. Easily improved my trading pyschology the most.

ramy98

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Thanks for the recommendation RAiMA, I look forward to reading this book. Tharpe's book also goes into trading psychology quite intensively......

Anyone else have any recommendations ?

1320Trader

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 14, 2007
Maryland
Pit Bull

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-Lessons-Streets-Champion/dp/0887309569/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218163286&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Pit Bull: Lessons from Wall Street's Champion Day Trader: Martin Schwartz: Books[/ame]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.