The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going from Idea to product...how?

Idea threads

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
This isn't directly a web business question, as it doesn't pertain to creating sites, or driving traffic to an internet-based entity. It is, however, software-based, so I thought this may be the best forum for it...

My wife has recently attained her Master's Degree; a goal she's always had and something she pushed herself to do, purely motivated by her own ambition...not for a pay raise or other monetary recognition. She knocked it out in one (stressful) year.

Now to the point...in the course of her program, she began to develop a thesis for an educational program (both organizational program, and software program) that would teach students at a high school level how to "make it" in the real world... how to mange debt (good and bad), how to pay bills, purchase cars, homes, job interviewing, etc. Things the current classroom doesn't provide. It throws kids onto the street so-to-speak and let's them figure it out on their own.

She has created a mock digital world that represents what the program is all about. She has all of the "ideas" that would make it a wonderful addition to a school curriculum...her professors were floored with the idea and her presentation of what it would be.

My goal is to take her ideas and make them reality. Where I'm having trouble is figuring out which path to take. I'm an engineer by day, so I understand what it takes to develop, test, tweak, and create software to a user-friendly point. I also know that it would take me a very long time to gather a decent team together to develop this software on our own as it would be very detailed in integration...not just a multiple choice type of thing. I feel like it would be best for me to put the product together in a "here's what the product needs to be" format and either sell it to a software development company, or work directly with one to get it done, etc.

Does anyone have experience with a similar situation? Do I need a Patent Atty. for this?

I'm ready to go with it...just looking for some hindsight or knowledge from others.

Thanks in advance!

-John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.