The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Goals Starting 2015

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Are you anticipating 2015 to be...

• 1. Awesome, better than 2014.

Votes: 33 94.3%
  • 2. Neutral, about the same as 2014.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 3. Sucky, worse than 2014.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HighestVantage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 13, 2014
Ukiah, CA
Okay, it all starts here. :rockon:

I've been writing an outline of my approach for 2015 for the last few minutes. I wanted to start a progress thread to post to as I work through 2015, to share my successes and failures, and most likely some frustrations and struggles.

Health:
-Body, exercise, eat well, be active daily.
-Mind, meditate, relax.

Focus:
-One project at a time.
-Time management.
-Be present, organized.
-Self control when it comes to focusing on a single project.

Knowledge:
-Constantly learn.
-Challenge myself, stay on my edge.
-Seek hands on experience vs more book knowledge.

Action:
-Focused action, specific projects. (one at a time, mind you.)
-Determination, carry through with actions taken.

Control:
-Be in control my future by taking action in the present.

Love:
-Spend time with people I love and that support me.
-Love myself, my ideas, and my values.

Faith (not hope):
-In my goals, my values, my ideas, and especially my actions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Thats a lot of goals and all of them sound like typical new years resolutions. Its easy to set goals. Whats your process to achieve them though?

HighestVantage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 13, 2014
Ukiah, CA
Thats a lot of goals and all of them sound like typical new years resolutions. Its easy to set goals. Whats your process to achieve them though?

What doesn't sound typical at this point? It seems every new years resolution that can be made has also been broken. But these aren't resolutions, or even so much goals, as I called them, they are just ways of being I want to bring more of into my life.

It's going to be a process with some of them. A lot of them are already ways of being that are part of my life.

I'll update soon on what I'm doing.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I would recommend you only writing one or two goals because most likely you won't commit to the others and you're not even specific.

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I generally don't make new year's resolutions. If I don't like something about myself or feel something needs improvement I change it that day.
Even my goals change throughout the year. The new year is just a really good stopping point to measure past productivity.

Good luck man. Stick to your plan. Make fitness a priority and you'll find that motivation and desire will follow naturally.

HighestVantage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 13, 2014
Ukiah, CA
Hey everyone. Thanks to those of you who read and responded.

I generally don't make new year's resolutions. If I don't like something about myself or feel something needs improvement I change it that day.
Even my goals change throughout the year. The new year is just a really good stopping point to measure past productivity.

This is the way it is for me too. None of these things are things that I lack in my life. I just wanted to outline things that are generally important to me and that already exist in my life. It would be foolish to write a big old list of so many things I don't have. I am crazy fit, I nearly have a 6-pack, I fought wildfires last summer and worked as a UPS driver this winter. I am already constantly reading and learning, taking action on things, etc.

The only thing on the list I really want more of right now in my life is Focus. I have been having a hard time focusing on anything but reading. I'm feeling a little scattered, probably due to my high intensity job at UPS. I think this will clear up soon.

I will share more specific goals soon!! (Very Specific!)

HighestVantage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 13, 2014
Ukiah, CA
Alright, Freaking Update Time!

So, to share some more specific goals.

1.) My main goal for the next 3 months is to work on my boat to increase value and sell in the late spring/early summer. I should be able to make 10k profit from this venture. At the very least I will be able to have a large chunk of change in my bank account, which will be good.
-maintenance engine
-calibrate heater and stove (get them working 100%)
-repaint hull and misc tasks.

2.) Get another job, hustle on the side. Maybe two jobs.
I really need to kick everything into overdrive. I ended up getting a dead end job this summer and made substantially less than I hoped for so I'm a little poorer than usual.
Immediate tasks:
-contact friends and family to let them know I'm looking for work.
-searching job listings and for sale listings.
I still have a decent amount of cash on hand so I am able to hustle. In my area there are a few 20-30$ hustles. (time invested to find and get these opportunities might be inefficient, still not sure.)

3.) Still working on this one... I want to do something different. Possibly buy from alibaba and sell on ebay or amazon. I need a better way to make money.

Most importantly I need to get the 15-25k back into my bank accounts that is currently resting in my home/boat. Once that happens I will consider investments in either stock market or online business. I also have a substantial amount in student debt which I could pay off. I tend to reason that investing is better then paying off lower interest debts. But I still have to weigh the options once I have the money at hand.

Questions:
Does anyone have any input on buying a business/website off of Flippa? I am interested what people have to say about buying a business vs building one. I dont have experience in either, but I want something more scaleable, I need to figure out how to provide more value. I have plenty of ideas on things I could build, yet I have no experience building anything.

Thanks for reading

HighestVantage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 13, 2014
Ukiah, CA
Today was discouraging.

Yesterday I attended a meeting for a MLM company called AdvoCare. I really just wanted to observe and support my friend who is my age, or slightly older. It was depressing to see all these dissatisfied and confused consumers meeting at a successful members million dollar home. I now understand MLM better, part of the value it can provide its members is a renewed sense of excitement and hope. Most of the unsuccessful crowd involved in MLM are poor slaves of the economy, dissatisfied with their jobs and live. It's not too hard to market the possibility of making money, wrapped up in hope and excitement to these folks. Something I noticed was the tendency for the wealthy MLM participants to have goals and a planned route to get to their goals, they are able to attract the hordes of needy consumers wanting a way out of their trapped lives. The less successful people tend to view their venture through a pure lens, "I'm not a salesmen, I'm a distributer" or "I'm not doing this to make money, I'm helping people." The crowds are truly poor, and they won't reach their dreams because they have no goals. If they do it's by accident.

Recently I bought my first car, and I needed some work done on it. I got the estimate today. $2,800 dollars... for a $600 dollar car. (I negotiated the car down from $1000) Man this pisses me off. I barely have $3000 in cash after working 60 hour weeks for the last 4 months. Due to expenses, and loan payments, as well as below average spending, I'm broke.

This depressed, and then motivated me. An idea born through angry determination, I decided to write a book about something I know about, investing... it's just my skill does not reside in writing. I researched through Amazon items what was lacking in most investing books (in the forex niche) and found a high demand for actual technical trading knowledge. It seems too many books (And I've noticed this too as a consumer) repeat the same historical context and common knowledge before offering any new value. E.G, you have to read 20 books to gleam something new since they are all comprehensive versions and have only spatterings of technical knowledge. Once you read one or two comprehensive beginners guides to something, you start to demand more technical and higher quality material. I was afraid that when I looked at the niche I was interested in I would demotivate. And I was right in part. There are hundreds if not thousands of books on the topic, some even by distinguished and knowledgeable investors. The part that perplexed me further was to see that many of them were free. Wow, too much supply?
So I switched gears and look at the idea of marketing products as an affiliate through email or, perhaps, text.

Closing Thoughts: I need to identify things that I actually have skill at doing, and the things I don't, and get better at what I am good at, or find different angles at providing value through what I know. I also need to identify and then focus on that thing single-mindedly.
It makes me pretty mad that I have been studying business since my childhood and still I can't pay for basic things. I'd like to set a realistic goal of making a comfortable income of 75-100k a year. I'm tired of living on 10-15k a year and working harder than half the population and still having nothing to show for it at the end.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.