The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Girlfriend lost her job as a store manager, she's still a student and I really want to help her

Idea threads

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
Summary:
My girlfriend got some bad news today, her store in the mall will be closing down and she will be losing her job in two weeks. She is worried about rent as she lives alone.

I work in IT from home, living with my family, but I only make $26 an hour. I graduated college and she is still studying in college.

My first instinct is to help her by creating a really good resume and start applying for jobs at places, perhaps at a different store in the mall for the time being, a gym for free gym membership, or even a receptionist like at a hotel or something. If anyone has any advice whatsoever on ways that I can try to help her, I would greatly appreciate it

A side tangent:
This whole ordeal has been making me think heavily about why I have not taken more action after reading MJ's books.

"Why am I still working a 9-5?" "Why did I quit trying to create a web design business?" "Why am I not in a better position financially by now? Why am I not leading and creating a larger source of income so I can enable my partner and I to be financially free and live without worries of paying rent and waking up to mediocre jobs?"

I am so fueled and angry at myself for not taking action sooner. I'm so pissed that I can't help my significant other in a time of need. I have to do something now, and I appreciate any and all advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Summary:
My girlfriend got some bad news today, her store in the mall will be closing down and she will be losing her job in two weeks. She is worried about rent as she lives alone.

I work in IT from home, living with my family, but I only make $26 an hour. I graduated college and she is still studying in college.

My first instinct is to help her by creating a really good resume and start applying for jobs at places, perhaps at a different store in the mall for the time being, a gym for free gym membership, or even a receptionist like at a hotel or something. If anyone has any advice whatsoever on ways that I can try to help her, I would greatly appreciate it

A side tangent:
This whole ordeal has been making me think heavily about why I have not taken more action after reading MJ's books.

"Why am I still working a 9-5?" "Why did I quit trying to create a web design business?" "Why am I not in a better position financially by now? Why am I not leading and creating a larger source of income so I can enable my partner and I to be financially free and live without worries of paying rent and waking up to mediocre jobs?"

I am so fueled and angry at myself for not taking action sooner. I'm so pissed that I can't help my significant other in a time of need. I have to do something now, and I appreciate any and all advice.
There is no shame in a 9 to 5 and honest work. In MJ's 3rd book he gives criteria on when you should quit your job, but for the time being you need to pay bills and should work. Anyhow, you should help her find another gig and by also giving her a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane , Unscripted or Rat Race. Why not spread the gospel?

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
There is no shame in a 9 to 5 and honest work. In MJ's 3rd book he gives criteria on when you should quit your job, but for the time being you need to pay bills and should work. Anyhow, you should help her find another gig and by also giving her a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane , Unscripted or Rat Race.
Thank you. I do agree too, making money from my 9-5 is part of the process and I have been saving almost everything since I live with my family rent free. I have about $33k saved up, but want to focus on creating a business with my IT skill perhaps.

I gave her Unscripted and it gave us both an epiphany as if we woke up from the matrix. I think books like that make our relationship stronger

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
get together and make a plan. then build an amazing future.

here is a video to help her with the job hunt. there are a few others in the series.
View: https://youtu.be/WbXB0rzZy0s

as for you, JUDGE yourself on what you do NEXT.
forget the past, get to work!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.