The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting your first testimonials for a B2B product advice needed

Marketing, social media, advertising

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
Small introduction:
I recently started a B2B SaaS website. We got our first customers from our network, and we have some other potentials from our country (Eastern European) that we have approached in person.

The situation:
I recently talked to a potential customer from another (US) country who loved our product but didn't 'buy' because we didn't have testimonials from other US companies & we weren't well established (sounds fine to me).

The problem:
We would like to get some companies to use our product for free just to build traction and have some testimonials/references. Should we:
a. Approach some companies and be honest to them that we want to build traction and we are offering the software for free for 1 year?
b. Approach companies normally and hope that they will buy it even if we don't have references/testimonials?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
IF I WERE YOU.

I would do both. I would try to give the software out for free to some (B -C sized players) just to get traction like your saying then work out the kinks and bugs and streamline and improve the product further. Then I would start approaching the A players with my SIIIIICCCCKKKK new product knowing that it's going to be a hit with them and all the bugs are worked out.

You should definitely be charging some companies for your service. Your product is the SH*T right? It's going to make there lives easier? They are going to save time or money (hopefully both) by using it?? YES YES YES!!! They sshould be throwing money at you!!! Don't have a references/ testimonials??? DONT LET THAT STOP YOU!

*Have a guaranteee offer. I GUARANTEE TO INCREASE YOUR BOTTOM LINE BY 2000% or we will buy the software back.

*Have a first time customer Promotion. WE WILL UPGRADE YOU TO THE DELUXE PACKAGE FOR FREE!

* Have a sense of urgency approach. RIGHT NOW WE ARE OFFERING THE FIRST 10 COMPANIES THAT SIGN UP .....

Get creative man. They should be paying for your stuff, seriously. It speaks volumes to have the confidence to say, " I believe so much in my product that I'm going to give it to you for free, I know your going to call back for more". I understand the importance and marketing/branding that you get with giving it out for free. I do that alot too. In the end though 98% of people are paying cold hard cash for the goods, with about 75% of those people getting hooked up in some way or another. WHO DOESN"T LIKE GETTING A HOOK UP?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I always work out the kinks with 6 actual users for free. They donate their time to me to figure out the software, give me feedback on the workflow problems, etc.

By the end of the process, they're hooked on the software and are happy to give up a testimonial.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.