So this is an update to my last post about how I wasn't sure where to go with my start-up because I was stuck in planning, well now i've been executing. I have been taking baby steps but it's better than none at all. Here is where I am.
The Product
- I have completely re-designed my product and thought about every aspect about it that could be improved and have aimed to do that. I am still in this process, as it will be a constant battle I believe in the first few months of testing everything out and getting it perfect before growing.
The Change of Mindset
- Last time I was stuck on planning, doing way too much for a small start-up like this. I read a lot of books and recently i've been reading Winning by Jack Welsh so i've been thinking like a corporate CEO and not a 19 year old entrepreneur who just needs to get his feet wet in order to take-off. So i'm done planning, for now. I will come back to it once I have been able to show that my product does sell and is popular with my target market.
Where I Am Now
- I am currently emailing and comparing possible manufacturers and figuring out all the logistics with that. I'm not sure if I am going to use their fabrics or outsource them from another supplier, but one that I really like as of now is Reach. If anyone has any experience with them, please let me know how that has gone. They seem to have everything I need within their own factory so it would really minimize my entire supply-chain and allow me to run things even more smoothly. I am waiting on an email back from my account manager right now so i'll update that on my next post.
- I am posting an advertisement today to find someone I can hire as my artists to create my patterns for the product. I am going to be somewhat picky with this because their personality is going to have to match that of my businesses structure so everything goes together nicely and stays in touch with the missions. I am going to pay them for each pattern they create, i'm not sure what to pay for their intellectual property or even if how I can own it after I buy it, i'm assuming just a receipt saying it is now mine. I'll probably just google a contract.
- I haven't given much thought about finances because I believe that if I think about that right now it wil limit my thinking and that's the last thing I want. I think that when the time comes, and I will have planned for it, I will be able to find the funds. I can either use my own savings, take out my money in the stock market, find a private investor (someone who believes in what i'm doing, which I think I have some in mind already)
Where I Will be Next Post
- Next time I post an update I will have the following done.
1. Have my supply-chain completely set-up
2. Have my initial designs done and ready to be produced
3. Have my finances planned out for the first year of operations with more depth for the first 3 months.
If you guys can think of anything you would like to share with me, i'd be very appreciative of it. Constructive feedback welcome and preferred.
The Product
- I have completely re-designed my product and thought about every aspect about it that could be improved and have aimed to do that. I am still in this process, as it will be a constant battle I believe in the first few months of testing everything out and getting it perfect before growing.
The Change of Mindset
- Last time I was stuck on planning, doing way too much for a small start-up like this. I read a lot of books and recently i've been reading Winning by Jack Welsh so i've been thinking like a corporate CEO and not a 19 year old entrepreneur who just needs to get his feet wet in order to take-off. So i'm done planning, for now. I will come back to it once I have been able to show that my product does sell and is popular with my target market.
Where I Am Now
- I am currently emailing and comparing possible manufacturers and figuring out all the logistics with that. I'm not sure if I am going to use their fabrics or outsource them from another supplier, but one that I really like as of now is Reach. If anyone has any experience with them, please let me know how that has gone. They seem to have everything I need within their own factory so it would really minimize my entire supply-chain and allow me to run things even more smoothly. I am waiting on an email back from my account manager right now so i'll update that on my next post.
- I am posting an advertisement today to find someone I can hire as my artists to create my patterns for the product. I am going to be somewhat picky with this because their personality is going to have to match that of my businesses structure so everything goes together nicely and stays in touch with the missions. I am going to pay them for each pattern they create, i'm not sure what to pay for their intellectual property or even if how I can own it after I buy it, i'm assuming just a receipt saying it is now mine. I'll probably just google a contract.
- I haven't given much thought about finances because I believe that if I think about that right now it wil limit my thinking and that's the last thing I want. I think that when the time comes, and I will have planned for it, I will be able to find the funds. I can either use my own savings, take out my money in the stock market, find a private investor (someone who believes in what i'm doing, which I think I have some in mind already)
Where I Will be Next Post
- Next time I post an update I will have the following done.
1. Have my supply-chain completely set-up
2. Have my initial designs done and ready to be produced
3. Have my finances planned out for the first year of operations with more depth for the first 3 months.
If you guys can think of anything you would like to share with me, i'd be very appreciative of it. Constructive feedback welcome and preferred.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
