The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting my first client (from Tinder)

Anything related to matters of the mind

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
I've been a wannapreneur and money chaser for years with no success. That was until I found MJ's books and this forum. From that point I told myself I had to change the mindset and start providing value instead of trying the next get rich squeme.

I've known how do vary basic HTML / CSS and set up wordpress sites for years but I never really considered myself good enough to sell that as a service. For the last couple of months I've also been teaching myself how to code in Python in order have a technical skill where I can provide value.

A few weeks ago I connected with a girl on tinder. She is an artist /designer and she recently quit her job to go on her own. I thought she was really cool and I offered to make a basic free website for her so she could display her work. To me this just was a nice gesture to someone I liked. The thing is she liked it so much that she has asked me if I would be willing to make more of those websites for money for some of her friends.

It's funny how just a few months after I decided to stop chasing money, money it's been offered to me out of nowhere.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Something similar happened to me as well. I met a girl on Tinder who was running a gallery and I had started painting seriously at the time, so I considered it beneficial.

I go in, expecting to talk business like I thought we were going to, but the whole night she kept talking about her ex, she didn't even pay for coffee, and she had $25,000 in capital, but is living in the most expensive part of the city and is blowing her budget in one go with frivolous stuff, which terrified me. Plus when we finally got to business, she wanted too much of a percentage from me, and since she was shooting somewhere to the lower end market, I backed off. She wasn't too established and she came off as too unstable. I didn't get laid either.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.