The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting my Ducks in a Row - Product Launch in immanent

GregK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 10, 2014
Hello Together,

it has been a while that i posted. i keep lurking in the shadows and try to make this work, that work. i may have ADD but i am too old to make this an excuse and/or get it officially diagnosed.

after tinkering with various ideas, i am at a point where i am partnering up with someone who seems to have a similar midset as me, we get a long and could be friends. currently the relationship is purley business but we see alot of similarities between the two of us.

reason we decided to partner up is because this partner doesnt have the resources to push/paddle the product he has.

so my partner developed a product that i had looked into importing and marketing myself. after i had originally gotten some samples from china i tried get some traction but a) the product was low quality, b) official real life work got into the way a bit.

this partner of mine took the product to a whole another level though and made several improvements that i feel are really making a difference.

I am going to share some none specific product details that i hope can give you some idea and prompt some input and hopefully guidance as to how we pull this business venture off and make it successful.

Product Category: Outdoor product - Camping primarily

Pricing: target price is $150. set at about 70% above what the market leader is charging for entry model. cheap alternatives can be had a ~1/4th of what the market leader is charging. quality makes a difference here.
market leader

our product is better hands down. better materials, higher durability, etc (i dont want to share too much detail at this time).

my partner ordered 800 unites. we have them in stock and ready to sell.

marketing plan is

1. website & ecommerce capability

2. social media

1. facebook/instagram/twitter/google+

2. social media promotion / free give away
  3. industry specific tradeshow

4. local specialty stores

1. extend region to cover additional retail locations

skeleton for the website and ecommerce is setup and ready. product has not been launched. i am trying to gather some additional marketing strategies, i feel positive that when a customer compares our product side by side to the market leader, they can see the superior quality.

a little side note: my partner is actually a highschool teacher. he got several students involved in the development of the product and doing some assembly work, ie. keeping them out of trouble, paying them and giving them responsibilities, ultimately supporting the local community.

i will happily add to this thread and would love some feedback, suggestions, etc. at this point i dont want to disclose the product (surprise) but i hope this can still be a valuable thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

If it's something unique or has a twist on it or anything you can get down to science.Make sure to have patents on it.Good luck my friend.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
If it's something unique or has a twist on it or anything you can get down to science.Make sure to have patents on it.Good luck my friend.
Patents are important provided they valid and you can afford to defend them. A lot of manufactures ride rough shod over patent and IP and leave it to the lawyer to sort out- which is not great if you are just starting out and have limited funds. Designs right /Copy right and trademarks can be easier and cheaper to apply for and with good branding help protect a market.

GregK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 10, 2014
Well we did something special with our material and components that will stand out. But I think it will take some the big guys take notice. Will look into the patenting down the road.

Thanks and keep it coming.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
If you ever want to discuss anything on materials then feel free to drop me a line - it's my area in the slow lane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 10, 2014
@David. Thanks. Will contact you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.