The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get Traffic to onlineshop

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
A

ANON04803

I am planning to sell argan oil-a cosmetic oil-on my own onlinestore. I try to get traffic without spending any money. Only when money comes in, I will use it to do some marketing. However, I am beginning to realize that the competition is very tight. When googling the word "argan oil" I can already see a ton of competitors.

So my two questions are:

1. Should I abandon this project, since the market is already oversaturated and I don´t have the money to compete, or
2. Should I do it and if so, how?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I am planning to sell argan oil-a cosmetic oil-on my own onlinestore. I try to get traffic without spending any money. Only when money comes in, I will use it to do some marketing. However, I am beginning to realize that the competition is very tight. When googling the word "argan oil" I can already see a ton of competitors.

So my two questions are:

1. Should I abandon this project, since the market is already oversaturated and I don´t have the money to compete, or

Yea probably too much work involved. I hear @Johnny boy is hiring, would be much easier.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

So my two questions are:

If you succeed in anything there will usually be a very good 'reason' WHY it worked.

If you can find the oil for less than any competitor

If you have access to millions of eyeballs via your own brand and can sell to them for free

If you are exceptionally skilled at driving traffic, marketing, etc. (miles beyond anyone else by far)

If the oil you sell is better than the other types

If the demand for it suddenly skyrockets

If you have some sort of lucky break where a news outlet gives you coverage, or a celebrity mentions your brand online, etc.

If you have some sort of strategic advantage or relationship you can leverage that will help in any of the areas above

then... that would help

if you have none of these and can't think of anything to improve (maybe the websites suck, maybe the customer support sucks, etc) then don't expect to succeed.

However.....the other benefit would be the lessons you learn from starting.

From all of my failed endeavors I know how to build a website, code a bit, build an app, advertise (fb, ppc, direct mail, etc), I know how to sell, design on adobe cloud apps, write copy, hire, train (workers, salespeople, managers, secretaries), I know about 50 different software solutions to different business problems, company formation, taxes in different states. There's 50 other things I'm not including and I'm 26. You get that from being so interested in starting any business at all that you don't worry if it sucks because it's impossible for you to not work for yourself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.