The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get to know a future millionaire

Elijah_MM_Sapko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 2, 2010
South Florida
When I wake up and realize I have mouths to
feed, people that depend on me, every day I
go to the gym and do most of my thinking between
there and once I exit the shower.
What am I to do with this life I was given?

I know I am capable of making money.
I know I have great ideas.
I know I can do it if i go through with it.

I'm 20 years old, and everyday I look for work
beyond the avg job. About a month ago I finished
writing my first movie script for a horror movie
I came up with one night. I ended up seeing it to
the end and went through with it all the way to
the end
. I believe it is genius and
am looking to see it be produced just to be happy
with it, and to have people enjoy it.
I am an aspiring model and actor who has a decent
schedule full of work, but not enough gas to get
where I need to be.

I now have sat down and thought,
"What else can I do with this life I have?"
I am always thinking of ideas for new products,
making current products better, and laughing
and critiquing these every day infomercials.

What are they doing right that I'm doing wrong?

How do I get started moving to lanes to the left,
from slow to fast track?

Well this is the question I'm faced with as I
look to make products, money and get a good start
as a young entrepreneur.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3587x

Good intro

I can tell the brains and willingness are there.

Welcome to the forum bro

Unlike most forums all the old content and information here is still relevant.

You need to read it all and decide what business you would like to pursue after having all that knowledge crammed in your head.

Elijah_MM_Sapko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 2, 2010
South Florida
Well what I'm faced with right now is
how do I make money right now to get off
of the ground? I don't know too much
about website design but that seems to
be a big one (based on little reading i did)
And I want to invent but how do I get a VC or
funding for my inventions?

A

Anon3587x

Your right websites are the key to being rich fast if there is a key at all.

what I love about it is if you know exactly what your doing and have a great idea.

You can type and type, click and click. . .

Than in a few days have a million dollar website up that is fully automated and you just sit and collect.

Obviously you would have to be a genius to nail something like that right off the bat with nice programming skills. But you cannot argue that its not possible.

Start up is the biggest problem entrepreneurs run into in my opinion.

you need to sacrifice in order to get the start up rolling.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego

what I love about it is if you know exactly what your doing and have a great idea.

Than in a few days have a million dollar website up that is fully automated and you just sit and collect.

Obviously you would have to be a genius to nail something like that right off the bat with nice programming skills. But you cannot argue that its not possible.

Start up is the biggest problem entrepreneurs run into in my opinion.

you need to sacrifice in order to get the start up rolling.

Yea, that's certainly the case. I have this great idea for a website; I've planned it all out in my head and it's the type of business that can make billions. However, I lack the skills necessary to build the website that I want and I don't have money at the moment to pay a professional to do it. I guess I'll have to save up for a couple of months before trying to pay someone to do it. It's irritating but in a way it's a positive thing since the time that I use to save up money can be spent planning out the business further and working out all my strategies so that by the time the website is up and running, I have a better chance of success.

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA

Yeah tell me when you have a 7 figure website up in a few days that you do nothing but "sit and collect" on.

Not saying it's not possible, but it's either:

a) very hard to do, requires the right contacts
b) not sustainable

It's possible, and I don't mean to discourage you from trying, but know that when people brag about making a million dollars off a website, they either mean over a period of time, or a one-time thing, it's not sustainable.

And a lot of these people with 7fig websites have affiliates and employees to pay.

Be careful you don't buy into too much hype

A

Anon3587x

you failed to quote this

Programmers who create iPhone apps do this all the time. The really good ones at least. . .

Take a look at the guy who created plentyoffish.com
He is quoted saying he only works about a hour a day. His pockets are REAL deep and the site is ran almost solely by himself.

Your model has to be built around that vision integrated. It IS possible and it is very hard to do.

This is where the genius's come out into there own category and shine in the spotlight.

Work smarter not harder.

You really need to start living by some of the advise you will see on this forum repeatedly.

You will never get rich working for someone else.
(you can argue this one)

Your time can't be tied to your money

Automate as many aspects of your business as you can
Fill a need, provide value

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
sorry bateati, I think I gave the wrong impression.

The point I was trying to make is this:

Just because you made a website does not mean you own a business. Not all websites are businesses. Plenty Of Fish is a business. Not all online marketing ventures are.

A

Anon3587x

Just because you made a website does not mean you own a business. Not all websites are businesses. Plenty Of Fish is a business. Not all online marketing ventures are.

I'm a little confused where this is coming from. ^

But to sort of answer your question above.
Yeah tell me when you have a 7 figure website up in a few days that you do nothing but "sit and collect" on.

I can describe a business model right now which has million dollar potential. (A service with re-occurring fees)
Is practically FULLY automated and when its up(ignoring the promotional aspect) is basically sit and collect.
This service will cater to anybody who has a website no matter how big or small.

I'm working on the software aspect of it right now, the idea is completely unique (as far as I know)

It was thought up with the certain criteria (above) integrated. W

Which is how I'm able to incorporate all these things which makes it seem to good to be true.

I could launch it tomorrow but the process wouldn't be completely automated if I did.
The automation aspect of this idea is what will take awhile.

I think understanding the capabilities of software really makes a difference in whatever venture you decide to improve.

x9vjzs098u123rnl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 23, 2009
USA
I'm a little confused where this is coming from. ^

But to sort of answer your question above.

I can describe a business model right now which has million dollar potential. (A service with re-occurring fees)
Is practically FULLY automated and when its up(ignoring the promotional aspect) is basically sit and collect.
This service will cater to anybody who has a website no matter how big or small.

I'm working on the software aspect of it right now, the idea is completely unique (as far as I know)

It was thought up with the certain criteria (above) integrated. W

Which is how I'm able to incorporate all these things which makes it seem to good to be true.

I could launch it tomorrow but the process wouldn't be completely automated if I did.
The automation aspect of this idea is what will take awhile.

I think understanding the capabilities of software really makes a difference in whatever venture you decide to improve.

Sounds like you have a plan and you know what you're doing :) That's good. Sounds like you're going for a "software as a service" type thing?

I didn't mean to criticize your plans or anything, just wanted to make sure that you weren't buying into any hypey stuff about "internet marketing". A lot of "internet marketing" isn't really a business at all (some of what I am doing is included in this category!), but you obviously have a plan for a real BUSINESS. Just make sure you work everything up to that million dollar potential!

A

Anon3587x

I'm running into some problems.
i think i need to buy my own server for web hosting which will run me about 180$/month and eventually alot more then that.

That is unless i can change the software around to use less memory, but I knew that would be a problem sooner or later anyways.

The more research I do the more unique and better I feel about this model.

Just such a pain in the a$$ to get it done, maybe that is why I've yet to see anything close to it yet. Very annoying to program.

But yes I guess you could consider my idea a internet marketing business.

Just without all that link building bs and completely legit.

I want to post my idea but I'll wait till its finished, I really would like to see what you all think of it.

mlsalters77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jun 2, 2010
Lawrencville Ga, currently in Afghanistan
Nice intro! Honest and many of us can identify because It's a question we all have asked at some point (and still are from what I have read and posted here in the forums.) I know that staying laser focused on your goal is most important. Identify and dismiss distractions quickly because there will be many and they are usually well disguised. I have recently made it my business to find a person who is on a similar path as mine who has found some success a "mentor" if you will because we have to learn some how and some way. I wish you much success

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Elijah, awesome intro. Hope you stick around.

It's possible, and I don't mean to discourage you from trying, but know that when people brag about making a million dollars off a website, they either mean over a period of time, or a one-time thing, it's not sustainable.

Very true ... even successful web companies with rich cash flow typically need to be constantly reinvented and retooled or they get stale. However, I think what he is saying is that owning a website with a global purpose puts you on a "playing field" to make millions. If you're on the field, you can get hits and score runs.

elballer

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 2, 2010
welcome, For sure if you tackle the beast from over the fence you will make it.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Inspiring Intro Elijah which I believe many of us on here can resonate with, you dont need to be a graphic designer to create beautiful sites people want, I can put up a beautiful website in less than 30 mins with all of the functions one needs in order to have comeback viewers.

I can show you a few tricks I learnt and direct you to some free sites if you wanted to learn, I say give 3 hours a day for a month, and you will be genius at website building!

Blessings

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Inspiring Intro Elijah which I believe many of us on here can resonate with, you dont need to be a graphic designer to create beautiful sites people want, I can put up a beautiful website in less than 30 mins with all of the functions one needs in order to have comeback viewers.

I can show you a few tricks I learnt and direct you to some free sites if you wanted to learn, I say give 3 hours a day for a month, and you will be genius at website building!

Blessings

I'd like to know what those websites are. Thanks in advance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...