The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary Vaynerchuck at Inc. 500 seminar

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
Not sure?? I copied the link from my email. That's strange!

Fixed!

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Yeah, this is brilliant. Here is what is happening. Your dad 30 years ago was a good guy, and he cared about his trade. He was the best carpet layer and he did the right thing..... he put down carpets and made sure it was done perfectly, when the customer had a problem, he drove over to their house at 930PM after a long day and fixed any issues with them.

Your dad was a bad business man, a great person, but a bad business man. It was difficult to have that attitude while learn business tactics, marketing, and essentially scale the business. Then he saw some 28 year old kid open a carpet business, knew nothing about it, but advertised on television and magazines. His business grew 10 fold and he never met his customers, and didnt really care. This was push marketing and in an immature, uncrowded marketing space where there was 1/177654 less marketing messages per day to a consumer ... the CostPerAquisition through push marketing was much less than their net, it was easy to grow.

Now that guy technically won, but did not care about the customer, or the long term business, but it didnt matter, his CPA was less than net, he did not need retention, im sure it was nice if it happened but still didnt matter.

This is completely and 100% not the case anymore. It is going back to the days of your dad. Your dad couldn't leverage his 1 customer..... "Jonathan came back to my house at 9:30pm and fixed my carpet... remember your dad was doing that while the better business man was home not caring or answering his phone..... Now that testimonial of your dads client is going to be leveraged through social media maybe to 1 person of maybe to 1 million we dont know but it will be part of business and doing the "right thing" will pay off and that guy using old school "push marketing" is completely dead, his CPA is extremely high now, retention is terrible, and brand is ruined through 1 bad comment being leverage through social media. This is the end.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Awesome speach! I never imagined that I was going to watch the full keynote lol

Living in a world where everybody is killing for automating their businesses, wich I think is not bad IF you are willing to have a human relationship with your customers and CARE about them.

Thanks for sharing!

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
That was the longest video that I have ever watched on Youtube, and it was well worth it.

I find it interesting how businesses were once so sociable, they would know you by name and about your interests and family. Then it transitioned to we could care less about you, just buy our product.

Now today more businesses are trying to learn more about their customers, give advice, and ask for suggestions. It is just crazy how it has come full circle. This makes me wonder, how will it change in the next 30 years?

Here is a funny video from 2007 about how the advertisers have become disconnected from the consumer.
The Break Up

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.