The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Frustrated trying to JUST buy crypto safely in the UK..

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Zimbizee

Contributor
Jan 11, 2017
uk
I'm having a very frustrating time trying to JUST buy some crypto safely here in the UK

Many places i have found on the web have terrible reviews with regards to deposits going missing, taking ages or hidden and high fees. Also the verification process is a a real pain in the backside.
I mean i just want to buy some crypto, how hard can it be???

Can anyone recommend a site where i can signup, deposit money from a bank account, buy some crypto and then send it to my offsite wallet easily here in the UK..It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 20, 2019
I'm having a very frustrating time trying to JUST buy some crypto safely here in the UK

Many places i have found on the web have terrible reviews with regards to deposits going missing, taking ages or hidden and high fees. Also the verification process is a a real pain in the backside.
I mean i just want to buy some crypto, how hard can it be???

Can anyone recommend a site where i can signup, deposit money from a bank account, buy some crypto and then send it to my offsite wallet easily here in the UK..It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Kraken and or binance are good bets for fast sign ups and low fees

If you do want to use coinbase

Here's my referal code

[REMOVED - AFFILIATE LINKS AGAINST FORUM RULES]

The fees are a touch higher but you do get $10 free btc and I get $10 free btc on a $100+ deposit. They also do quizzes where you can earn $30-$40 in alt coins whilst learning

The security is pretty solid on all 3 above but it's never a bad decision to move it onto a wallet then maybe cold storage

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Binance is the go to standard if your state allows it.

Binance doesn't support my state so I use Bittrex. Coinbase is good too, but your options are very limited and Bittrex has lower fees and is an actual trading platform.

{REMOVED - AFFILIATE LINKS AGAINST FORUM RULES]

Zimbizee

Contributor
Jan 11, 2017
uk
Thanks for the replies.
My biggest fear is my money goes missing as reported by many folks i have read reviews from online, and then the exchange are very lax in responding or could't give a crap in retrieving said funds. Or they freeze your account for no reason which also happens too often when trying to cash out and withdraw your funds.

I tried doing this a couple of years ago and had the same problem and naively thought things might have improved by now, but it still seems to be the wild west out there in crypto land.

mdot

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 24, 2020
Canada
I have used both Coinbase and Binance and I trust them enough to buy from and then withdraw crypto to my hardware wallet. I'm Canadian and I think the QuadrigaCX scandal still echos for many in our community so trust beyond that is slow to earn!

Edit: I should say I haven't verified my account on Binance because I use it for low volume trades. Coinbase verification took about a day.

Last edited:

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Binance/Kraken/Coinbase are pretty standard. The past month has seen a lot of verification delays as the GME craze leaked over into Dogecoin and crypto in general was on a bull run which has since stabilized.

Keep in mind that exchanges are centralizing a decentralized currency. While the risk of anything happening is still low, you may not want to put the house into any one exchange.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers