• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO From Hiding To Grinding

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Matthew Green, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Matthew Green

Matthew Green New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Hi everyone, my name is Matthew Green, i'm from the UK and I am 27 years young, for 26 of those years I've been hiding away, like most people, lost in financial insecurity. I've also been incredibly lazy, my high school years wasted by not turning up often, and leading to low prospect minimum wage jobs. No prospects, crazy spending, spiralling debts and no ambition ultimately changed 12 months ago upon changing my career prospects, I had grown tired of the warehouse/factory work and decided I needed a career change if I ever wanted my life to change.

I applied for a job working for a pawnbrokers as a trainee and luckily having not known barely anything about the industry got the job. That was the turning point, for a few reasons. My manager at the shop has pretty much become my mentor, teaching me about compound interest, financial freedom and helping me sort out my money. In the space of a year my life has done a 180, I'm now grinding towards financial freedom, i'm paying off my debts as fast as possible to invest my 9-5 money, i'm working on side hustles to give me more cash to start even bigger hustles which I want to make as residual as possible. I've also just created a YouTube channel to document my journey to success.

I'm also working on my health, loosing weight in the gym and improving my diet which is boosting my confidence even further. A healthy mind is a wealthy mind.

Ultimately, I have a family, a beautiful wife and a beautiful daughter, i'm hustling for them and to be able to spend the rest of my life with them, not working to make somebody else rich. I have never felt of value, and have never truly believed in anything other than my family, until this past year. We only live this life once, and I want spend it with my family, never being restricted by anything. So here's to freedom, and I very much look forward to meeting you all,

Health, Wealth, Success,

Matthew Green

Mr.C, crazypeeps, Get Right and 7 others like this.
  2. FastNAwesome

FastNAwesome Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,140
    Great intro Matthew!

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your fastlane endeavors.

Matthew Green likes this.
  3. Matthew Green

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Thank you

4. SROWE85

SROWE85 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $157
    Welcome aboard Matthew.

Do you have a link to your youtube channel?

Matthew Green likes this.
  5. Matthew Green

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Hi! I do indeed

Matthew Green

I will be uploading every 2-3 days, as I’m at the beginning of my journey it’s going to be so great to look back on in the years to come!

FastNAwesome likes this.
  6. Matthew Green

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Hi! Link is on my profile

7. SROWE85

SROWE85 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $157
    Ha, i realised that about 5 seconds after i asked!

Your August goals are easily attainable :thumbsup: 2lbs a week is optimum. I am used to having to shift stubborn fat (bodybuilder) so Let me know you need any help.

FastNAwesome likes this.
  8. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,673
    welcome mate; as the saying goes, "show me your friends and ill show you your future" some good chaps here on the site;

DakineBMH, Get Right and dzackb3l like this.
  9. dzackb3l

dzackb3l Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $128
    Nice introduction and nice to meet you :) I wish you all the best in your journey and please make sure to share updates on your YouTube channel and here. Let the community know how we can help you succeed! Good luck

Arun Siva likes this.
  10. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,842
    Admin Post
    Welcome Matthew, appreciate the introduction!

11. Brendan8450

Brendan8450 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $107
    I know the feeling so much.

And there is so much red tape...
    I am by no means a role model like MJ...just here to talk to..

leeds bradford UK

12. crazypeeps

crazypeeps New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
    Congrats, brother. It's tough trying to break out of the 9-to-5 because every thing we do, we have to put intent behind it. You've already pushed through a whole year and that says a lot. Keep up the hard work and be conscious of what you do. I know books, comics, and tv shows were ways for me to runaway from stress and depression. It's not easy, but it's harder to live a mediocre life.

Cheers to your journey.