The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Brazil With Love

Glargster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil
Good evening everyone, nice to meet you!

Throughout my life I've had it easy. Born from a slowlaner single mother, I was bread to be one myself. Although I hated studying, and despise being a master procrastinator, my mom was demanding. As such, I've been a fast learner all my live, and for what...?

My mother had an effortless middle class life. I was given it all. In exchange, I had to implement a slowlane life myself. Excellent grades were the norm. Go to an upstanding college. Graduate and get a job. Easy peasy.

But all that... made me dull. Not as a learner, no, I'm very sharp at learning. I love it, really. I'm good at it. But dull... at living...

Until I turned 17, I just studied, played videogames and campaigned in Dungeons & Dragons. I was very shy, and I had no clue about anything. That 17 years old boy went to Electrical Engineering University.

"No engineers in our family!", "Become a doctor, or a lawyer!", "Pass a test to be a government worker!", my mother said. Were I'm from, these are the laziest, most well paid jobs in the country. My mother was one, and even though she worked hard, most people in the government do nothing, and still get paid a lot. And, as you can see, I was ever pressed to be something I did not wish to be.

I've become an engineer, but the slowlane is devious. No jobs for mr. nice guy. I did the most logical thing, and pursued a masters in power systems. My reward for that?

After 8 and a half years of hard work, I've became an uber driver.

But I've grown from my experiences. I wasn't shy anymore. I had opinions, I had points of view. And I was pissed... or better yet, depressed, hopeless. Alone.

I've became a professor at an uni. I still am, actually (gotta stay true to that slowlane, eh?). Even after a few years teaching, and working on a very slowlane place, I felt... out of control. I worked afternoons and evenings, got home, played videogames 'til 3, wake up at 10, procrastinated 'til noon, rinse and repeat, 5 times per week. My only joy was my lovely girlfriend, who sadly, lives in another town. Add 6 more hours of driving to my week.

In 2020, with C0VlD-19 striking hard, in this bullshit of a life, I turned 30. I was desperate for change, but I couldn't break the cycle. I've kept studying. Programming, C#, AI. But I was feeling that it was not worth it anymore. I needed some light, some change.

It happened in January. I had the vacation of my live with my girlfriend. I was drinking beer all day, eating barbecue, and going to beaches. I visited a friend of mine.

He's an online poker player. He recommended me a book, the Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod. I've read it. In February, I started a daily morning routine, centered around myself. I've been waking up at 7 everyday, reading, writing, working out and concentrating my energy on me, and my objectives.

But the learning did not stop. After finishing How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie, I decided to learn about finances.

I picked up The Millionaire Fastlane .

What a book! Just finished this week. Amazing. And here I am, seeking to learn.

In just two months of self-learning and self-healing, I found love for life and for myself. I'm still a slowlaner, I'm still learning, but I wanna change lanes, I want freedom. I'm here to help others, and leave a mark.

Thank you for reading this!

Glasgter here, writing from Brazil with love!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Welcome, great to see another Brazilian around here :)

Glargster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 24, 2021
Brazil

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.