The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From 0 to 4K A Month "Passive Income" - Affiliate Marketer From Germany

Dr. Venkman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 24, 2019
Hey! My name is Dr. Venkman, I am almost 30 years old, and I found this forum an hour ago.

I watched a couple of Dan Pena videos, found him hilarious, and did a little bit of research on him.

While doing that, I stumbled upon a thread from @richardd, which is about him making $240000 per year now.

It sounds weird, but richardds story was so awesome, so motivating, I still get butterflies in my stomach thinking about it (I hope this is the correct phrase usage).

Especially how he bought small businesses to add some more to his monthly profit is so exciting because it shows what's possible and that opportunities are everywhere.

However, I am not just reading motivational posts - I also do stuff ...

In 2014 I lost/ decided to separate from all my friends. I HATED my day job and needed a new direction. So I decided on a sleepless night to become a millionaire. It just popped up in my mind, but this desire was and still is the strongest I ever had in my life.

So after a couple of months of research, I decided that affiliate marketing might be right for me.

I built a website and failed. I created a second website and failed again, but this time horribly.

My faith in myself and affiliate marketing took a big hit, and I was pretty depressed, but I never thought about quitting.

I started my third website, and that website slowly gained traction. The traffic increased over time, and the income increased as well.

However, the income was pretty bad, so I tried to find ways to increase it. Well, I found ways and slowly I was going up from:

$50 to $300 per month in 2016
to I think around $600 per month in 2017
to $2500 per month in 2018

AND THEN - I took a big hit by a Google Core Update and went down to around $1100 to $1400 per month again.

Man, was I depressed during that time.

However, I still did not think about giving up. So I changed a bunch of stuff on my website, started a second website while doing that, started a third website as well, and in 2019 after another core update, my website went back up and I came back stronger than before.

My websites now bring in a "passive income" of over 4K per month (increasing steadily) and I don't have a day job anymore.

However, I needed almost 5 years to achieve this, and now I realized that I am too slow for my liking. It is not that I am not thankful for what I did to myself in those 5 years, but it is just that I have realized that even though I thought I was thinking big, I was actually thinking small all the time.

I feel that I am changing at the moment. I am starting to get to the next level.

The reason why I have registered in this forum is that I have realized that there is so much more I can do besides affiliate marketing and generating revenue with ads. And it seems that in this forum, people are willing to share their experiences and a little bit of how they did it.

Also, I feel that I sometimes have problems with my productivity and a little bit of a problem with procrastination from time to time.

Since I am working alone from home all the time, there is nobody I could talk to about this problem who is in my shoes.

Maybe I find a couple of people to talk about that here, and perhaps I can even find a working group or working buddies who are willing to push each other in a positive way.

I also downloaded The Millionaire Fastlane on Audible, and I am incredibly pumped to listen to it for 3 hours in my car tomorrow.

Thank you so much for reading! Looking forward to a great time here and to achieving higher levels together!

Also, hi @MJ DeMarco , looking forward to listening to your book!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, appreciate the intro!

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
Hello from Germany!

Yeah 5 years is a long time - BUT - you earn 4k passive income and you have 5 years of experience - that is something that most people will NEVER DO.

5 years for 4k - but if you just continue to execute and to learn you could make 40k in the next 5 years - this isnt linear growth.

it took me more than a year to earn ~300 € with print on demand - but i earned more than that in one week the last month - just continue. you are doing great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gazpacho

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 14, 2016
Congratulations mate. You saw the opportunity and jumped on it which is the important thing here. Trying to get into affiliate marketing myself and be able to dump my desk job at some point as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...