The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freelance Editor

JimNY

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 17, 2015
Folks,
I have couple of books I have been working on, but I have decided to focus on just one and push to the finishing line. I am now at a junction where I think I might need a proofreader to help save my time. Please could someone point my attention to any source where I can get a freelancer for this job? Any help will be appropriated.

Jim.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jmomcc

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 10, 2014
I do freelance technical writing on Upwork but edit also to fill in the gaps.

Post your job on Upwork and you will get 50+ applicants guaranteed. Everyone thinks they can proofread and you can get people cheap.

edit: I didn't mean that anyone 'can' proofread. However, you can still get good people cheap. For proofreading, I'd ask them if they know the difference between copy editing, comprehensive editing and proofreading. I'd also make sure they understand how to use track changes or whatever. For fun, ask them if they have experience with proofreading marks. They won;t need them unless for some reason you insist they print it out and use them (happened to me!) but it's fun.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.