The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First eBook Release: advice appreciated

TheDamageUndone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
513%
Oct 18, 2015
OH
Hello everyone,

I can't thank all you enough for the welcome I received to Fastlane. It's comforting to know that there exists a place (even only if in cyberspace) that success is supported instead of suppressed. For those of you who welcomed me, you remember my initiative for jumping on board.

I am creating a course to help parents recover their children from autism based on the experiences I've had with my own son. I know that my passion for this cause isn't enough to make a difference at the level that I desire. I have to harness my passion and it has to be matched with business smarts. I'm facing a market whereby many people do not want to believe that what I've done with my son is possible for them. And what's worse is that many people don't like my whistle-blowing of autism triggers and would like to stop me before I get started.

But I'm a fan of Elon Musk, and he said this: "If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it."
images
I believe this. I'm thinking that the first thing that I need to do is spread Aaron's story with as many people as possible while I finish the last few seminars of my course.

My course is on track to completion in early January. As a first step in creating an audience I have published my first eBook which you can view here. I'm am trying to get an important message out and I know that reaching "best seller" status is a very important first step.

Fastlane, I ask two things:
1) I would appreciate you forwarding my book out to anyone you think would be supportive/interested in my message. I have found Facebook to be a good source of sharing.

2) I'd appreciate any advice on how to attract the right kind of audience to my website and book. I am already writing articles twice per week, and I cannot commit to more until my course content is complete. But don't let that stop you from telling me what you think I need to be doing.

Best,
p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Hello everyone,

I can't thank all you enough for the welcome I received to Fastlane. It's comforting to know that there exists a place (even only if in cyberspace) that success is supported instead of suppressed. For those of you who welcomed me, you remember my initiative for jumping on board.

I am creating a course to help parents recover their children from autism based on the experiences I've had with my own son. I know that my passion for this cause isn't enough to make a difference at the level that I desire. I have to harness my passion and it has to be matched with business smarts. I'm facing a market whereby many people do not want to believe that what I've done with my son is possible for them. And what's worse is that many people don't like my whistle-blowing of autism triggers and would like to stop me before I get started.

But I'm a fan of Elon Musk, and he said this: "If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it."
images
I believe this. I'm thinking that the first thing that I need to do is spread Aaron's story with as many people as possible while I finish the last few seminars of my course.

My course is on track to completion in early January. As a first step in creating an audience I have published my first eBook which you can view here. I'm am trying to get an important message out and I know that reaching "best seller" status is a very important first step.

Fastlane, I ask two things:
1) I would appreciate you forwarding my book out to anyone you think would be supportive/interested in my message. I have found Facebook to be a good source of sharing.

2) I'd appreciate any advice on how to attract the right kind of audience to my website and book. I am already writing articles twice per week, and I cannot commit to more until my course content is complete. But don't let that stop you from telling me what you think I need to be doing.

Best,
p
You go, babe!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You can make an audio book on you tube for awhile. I know many authors do this at first to get noticed.
You might check out the specific groups in autism on reddit and facebook too, because they're usually discussing the issues.
Make a short ad on slide share with cover and a little info about the book.
There's over 200 groups on facebook you can post for authors. Just depends on if you want to take the time and post them.
Than of course getting other authors to tweet your book on twitter. Usually this is what I've found out is other authors promote eachothers books.
I don't know if you can post it in Autism forums or not, but sometimes they let you advertise books in some forums.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
You can make an audio book on you tube for awhile. I know many authors do this at first to get noticed.
You might check out the specific groups in autism on reddit and facebook too, because they're usually discussing the issues.
Make a short ad on slide share with cover and a little info about the book.
There's over 200 groups on facebook you can post for authors. Just depends on if you want to take the time and post them.
Than of course getting other authors to tweet your book on twitter. Usually this is what I've found out is other authors promote eachothers books.
I don't know if you can post it in Autism forums or not, but sometimes they let you advertise books in some forums.
This is an interesting idea, @TheDamageUndone !

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Ma Co

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 2, 2012
Vietnam
@TheDamageUndone

Have you read "Magic Words" by ted Nicholas?
Powerful book that will give you many valuable insights on how to market your book.

I grabbed a bit of your Amazon copy (I hope you don't mind):

"This book is about my son’s onset of autism and my family’s journey to heal him. My mission in writing this book is to share a powerful message with the world. My message is this: Wake up, people. Autism is just one of a thousand debilitating and heartbreaking illnesses that our children are being diagnosed with today, and it is our own fault.

After my son, Aaron, was diagnosed with autism at age three, I have had to travel an expensive and painful road that proves without a doubt that autism is not only treatable, but also preventable. I know that statement might make many people angry, but I do not have time to care about that. I have one life to live and I am going to make it the best life I can. That means being willing to take responsibility for my mistakes, regardless of blame. My children are the most important things in the world to me, and I intend to teach them something while I have time on this earth. I wrote this book to show them through my living example the importance of life."

The first question that comes to my mind is: "So what? What's in for me?"

Of course, it's important that you share your story, but in order to sell this book you have to speak to the reader and tell him right away how he'll benefit from reading your book.

royalads

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 29, 2015
@OP...nice progress so far... Some tips to help you get related audience; first you have to manually find facebook groups related to your niche, make valuable contributions to the group before redirecting group members to visit your site. secondly, You can also create video testimonials or video tutiorals and post of youtube because a lot of people visit youtube to search for such solutions. There are many other tips, but I hope these two help you get started.

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
"So what? What's in for me?"

Agreed...kind of. This is great copy for the About This Author section, but if you want people to buy the book then tell them what the benefits are. People will also read about the author so don't completely ditch this content. They will work together to be extremely powerful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.