What's new

Fine.....I QUIT !

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Bigguns50

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,883
Location
Sedona, AZ
Rep Bank
$2,725
User Power: 200%
Those of you who know me, know what I'm working on and that I'm a bouncer at an upscale strip club.(was)

While making plans to visit my Daughter in NJ, from MI for her H.S. graduation (with 3 honors... may I brag) I was working on covering my shifts at work. This club works everyone to the max and after trying every which way, I couldn't get all my shifts covered. In steps the GM who loves me because I do a great job which helps the club make more $$.
He gets most of my shifts covered...says I'd have to cut short my time off...which he "hates to see me do". He knows I've been working on my own business and I tell him I need to drop to part time when I return..that I'm burned out and really need the time for personal stuff. He was very hesitant, we talked back and forth, but eventually said "well, you were hired in for full time."

In this business, no one 'gives notice' that they're quitting...just the nature of the business. When I told him, he was visibly upset (because of the inconvenience to him I'm sure). But I left on good terms. The owner calls me the next day wanting me back...nope..not gunna happen.

Thing is...I have enough saved for my startup and to live off for a while but I do want to pull in cash all the same.

Because of MJ's book though, I'm not looking for a 'job' like before, I'm looking at what I can offer...what value I can add...what problems I can solve. Sure enough, after talking with a couple people, one club owner asked if I'd be interested in training his doormen. (solving his problem of bad doormen) Training a doorman properly is a detailed, involved, difficult job...$$$.

I actually feel relieved. And I'm not in the least bit worried...and I'll rock on my startup !
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O lpux zua nipvoupif zua jewi e caggis, cav puv jewoph e kuc/piifoph vu neli nupiz dep ci ep iydimmipv nuvowevus. Ov ot hsiev vjev pix uqqusvapovoit (vseopoph) esi emsiefz uqipoph aq gus zua!
 
Huf tqiif ejief!
 
Huuf madl csuvjis! O raov nz kuc emnutv 3 nupvjt ehu (1tv ug Eqsom). Miv ni katv vimm zua ov hivt xusti cigusi ov hivt civvis, vjip ov katv hivt exituni. O'n emnutv neloph nusi pux vjep O xet ev nz 50l/zs kuc, epf fenp fuit ov giim huuf vu puv jewi vu xeli aq vu ep emesn dmudl!
 
cefett duni ecuesf. ximduni.
 
Cuuzee! Zua'si huoph vu gopf ovt upi ug vji citv fidotoupt zua'wi iwis nefi :)

Ximduni vu vji dmac! (qap puv opvipfif)
 
Vjeplt EK.

EnzR epf Aphufmz....Qsiqesi gus vji xusti, juqi gus vji citv.(ov't nusi moli 'catv nz ett gus vji citv'). Aphufmz..vjev't xjev O'n muuloph gusxesf vu..

kvsohtcz: Vjeplt. Nz Feahjvis ot upi ug vji jesfitv xusloph qiuqmi O lpux..epf tji'mm ci vji gostv vu vimm zua. Tji't ugg vu Dummihi xovj tdjumestjoq op jepf..Ug duasti O katv xepv jis vu ci jeqqz, cav O'n qmepvoph tiift gus vji Getvmepi vu hsux xovj jis.

Rixsvzett...vjepl zua tos. Cefett O en op nz uxp xez. ET ot iwiszupi up vjot gusan ! uusej !!

Vjeplt Fibbenupfu. Tisouatmz, zuas peni tjuamf ci vji vovmi ug e nuwoi. Duum.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom