The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding Investors

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016
Has anyone tried to mangage O.PM. in the form of Hedge Funds/ Stocks, Private equity fund etc?

I have been involved in stocks for over 20 years but trying to set up a fund to manage O.P.M. has proved so difficult. I mean..you can offer better returns and lower fees yet people still stick with their "trusted" fund/money manager

I talked to 2 Market Wizard traders about this and both said they got out of managing money due to regulation changes and the fact it was very difficult/stressful. 1 bad year and many left, always moaning about draw-downs, losses, fees etc.
1 trader said he had just 6 investors..and built a strong personal relationship with them
1 said he manages about $5million but it was very hard to get investors.

It is not like i haven't tried...believe me i have but it's starting to look like i am wasting my time here...

One the one hand I don't want to jump and give up..but on the other (like a bad stock) you have to cut your losses.

Is that even fastlane? I guess if you can manage $50m+ it would be. But if seasoned traders/Market Wizards can't get any-where near that maybe I need to cut out and look else-where? I guess some business modules are just too difficult to pull off?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I have been involved in stocks for over 20 years

Are you high net worth?
Have you managed funds for a wall street outfit, PE group, or family office?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio