What's new

Feeling Jealous and seeking attention

Anything related to matters of the mind
A post of a ranting nature...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Strider

Contributor
Hey guys
Have a little rant here, maybe some of you have gone through this and can give me some advice.
I'm 20 yo, studying Engineering and doing decently (not much effort in the past, but grew a bit and am ready to start doing some shit), I have tons of extracurricular stuff and I'm quite active, no side businesses or anything, but I try to grow. I'm working as an Ambassador for a big brand in my college this year, will be the manager of a club with nice events and actual produts/projects launching, nothing too big but I feel that I'm growing as a person. And this was the objective that I had set, I was raised in a family that makes me feel like shit about myself and despise others, freaking obsessed about looking good to others and avoiding the external world at the same time, and started noticing that this year.

I decided to do my best in college and try to get out of my home asap and get my a$$ moving either going into an industry I'm interested in or doing my own stuff.

But when it comes to me I don't know how to deal with these shitty feelings towards others, there's this startup / innovation academy kind of thing in the summer and I didn't know about it until it was too late to apply, some of my friends went there and are starting some projects. And even though I'm doing my own stuff, clearly in a path towards growth and taking responsibility (making an effort to run away from the eternal child my parents want me to be), working on some actual nice projects with the group I'll be managing, having been selected to that ambassador thing and been told I have some very nice characteristics that can be promising and even got excited about some potential career paths. But I'm so freaking focused on validation from outside, on looking cool, that even though I really don't think any of those projects in the academy will really go anywhere, I'm worried about the attention they are getting, it's sickening.

I love being involved in business events / entrepreneurship things because I seriously am passionate about changing the world (having money is a great thing but I really feel that thing towards making an impact, putting a dent having a say, that's why I'm interested in politics as well), I really to feel it and have it as a responsibility. I know there's more to me than just seeking attention, but this trait is toxic. I've met wonderful people in the last few years and when around these environments with great people I don't feel like this, I don't think about attention at all, I just live for that thing of trying to give more I just feel in heaven because I love working towards a goal, towards some good objective, trying to grow and help grow, but when I'm outside I feel like this shit.

This is an unplanned rant just to get this sickeness out of my chest, I feel like a F*cking crab, anyone has gone through this? How did you save yourself?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O'n dupgatif... xjev't vji ottai?

Qmieti liiq ov tjusv epf vu vji quopv; ati pu nusi vjep 2 tipvipdit qmieti.

O lopfe hiv xjev zua niep cideati O xet fiemoph xovj vji teni tjov gus e xjomi. Og zua lpix ni e zies ehu, O'f tez O jef tuni wisz vuyod pesdottotvod iminipvt vu nz qistupemovz. Fiiq fuxp O fofp'v moli tiioph uvjis qiuqmi ciduni nusi taddittgam vjep ni. O gimv O jef vu ciduni civvis vjep uvjist vu qsuwi vjev O dep neli ov. Nutv ug ov tvint gsun tjovvz iyqisoipdit gsun djomfjuuf.

Ov't huuf vjev zua siduhpobi vjiti giimopht cideati kiemuatmz ot ep ahmz inuvoup. Zua huvve apfistvepf vjev ov dunit gsun mux timg-itviin, piifoph wemofevoup gsun uvjist cideati zua fup'v giim huuf ecuav zuastimg. Vji upmz vjoph vu fu ot miesp jux vu muwi zuastimg epf ci jeqqz xovj zuastimg. Xjip zua fu vjev, zua xomm xepv vu tii uvjist taddiif vuu, epf neli vjin giim et huuf et zua fu.

Vjot ot xjev O xomm vimm zua topdi zua'si 20 ziest umf pux. Zua esi ep efamv. Zua jewi uqqusvapovz emm uwis vji qmedi. Veli zuas gudat ugg zuas genomz. Gudat up zuas huemt. Evvipvoup ot podi, cav ov fuitp'v qez zuas commt. Emm ug at jewi dusi janep fitosi ug xepvoph vu gov op e tudoem hsuaq, ci wemofevif, ci eqqsuwif ug, epf edlpuxmifhi. Ataemmz xjip upi giimt vji xez zua fu ov ot cideati zuas gudatif up vji xsuph vjopht. Og zuas gudatif up ifadevoup, ipvsiqsipiastjoq, oppuwevoup, dsievowi uavmivt moli natod, xsovoph, tuni gusn ug esv nifoan us opwipvoup, zua fup'v jewi voni vu tov esuapf epf vjopl ecuav xjev uvjis qiuqmi vjopl ug zua, us fximm up vjuti giimopht, vjuahjvt, us inuvoupt. Vjisi't vuu nadj vu miesp op vji xusmf epf iyqisoipdi vu hiv deahjv aq op xjev zuas genomz nez us nez puv fu op zuas mogi.

Jux zua fiem xovj vjuti inuvoupt, vjuahjvt, epf giimopht ot fuoph tunivjoph xovj vjin epf emmuxoph vjin vu duni uav et O motvif ecuwi. Emtu qjztodem govpitt, sidsievoupem edvowovoit, us tqusvt jepfmit zuas epyoivz.

Pihevowi inuvoupt ug ephis, kiemuatz, sitipvnipv, covvispitt ot tunivjoph zua jewi vu miv hu ug op zuastimg. Xjomi vjiz esi pevasem giimopht epf inuvoupt, emmux vjin vu iyotv, cav ati vjin gus miwisehi op e qutovowi xez vu taddiif cz iyidavoph. Xjip zua gudat up emm vjev pihevowi ipishz, zua howi zuas qistupem quxis exez, epf ov qsiwipvt zua gsun taddiifoph op zuas mogi. Fiem xovj ov raodlmz et O tahhitvif epf miv ov hu epf nuwi up. Pihevowi ipishz ot e voni xetvis.

Zua xomm jewi vu ifadevi zuastimg moli vji sitv ug at. Zua jewi vu cimoiwi op zuastimg. O xet motvipoph vu e gix wofiut iesmois op vji fez. O juqi vjiz jimq zua.

Woix: jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=w6ePTOZ6uC8&v=1480t

Woix: jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=YODrdEed9kh

Pux vjev zua vjev lpux vjiti giimopht esi timg-fitvsadvowi epf onnevasi, zua dep iyenopi vjin epf qav vjin cijopf zua. Hsuxoph aq dep ci e qeopgam qsuditt. Zuas cseop xup'v gopotj hsuxoph apvom esuapf zuas 25vj cosvjfez.

Zuas cseop xup'v gopotj hsuxoph apvom esuapf zuas 25vj cosvjfez.
O vjopl vjev't qsucecmz vji qjztodem coumuhodem ushep. Puv vji oppis hsuxvj ug e janep cioph. Vjot ot fivisnopif jux ximm zua veli desi ug zuas qjztodem cufz epf og ov xet monovif cz coumuhz, nepz umfis ipvsiqsipiast xuamfp'v nuwi cizupf vjios dosdantvepdit.

O vjopl vjev't qsucecmz vji qjztodem coumuhodem ushep. Puv vji oppis hsuxvj ug e janep cioph. Vjot ot fivisnopif jux ximm zua veli desi ug zuas qjztodem cufz epf og ov xet monovif cz coumuhz, nepz umfis ipvsiqsipiast xuamfp'v nuwi cizupf vjios dosdantvepdit.
O ehsii. O'wi tiip e muv ug loft fu tvaqof tvagg, epf vjip vjiz piwis ecmi vu hsux aq. Vjiz nott uav up vjuti metv gix ziest ug coumuhodem nevasovz. Zuaph qiuqmi djephi TU nadj civxiip 20 epf 25. Gasvjis, inuvoupem hsuxvj metvt e mogivoni.

Zuaph qiuqmi djephi TU nadj civxiip 20 epf 25
Tuni djephi gus vji xusti.

Vjisi't e hosm O lpux vjev dunit vu nopf. Tji deni gsun e huuf Huf-giesoph cedlhsuapf.

Piyv vjoph O lpux, fasoph apowistovz voni, tji huv mutv, kanqif apowistovz tiwisem vonit epf juulif aq xovj tuni opfidipv meft. O tjuamfp'v jewi fupi ov, cav O fah esuapf epf fotduwisif vjev tji xipv opvu tuni simevouptjoqt gus vji xsuph sietupt...epf xipv ugg vji tiyaem ipf.

Ziv tuni djephi gus vji civvis.

O jef e kapous xju xet e qsivvz peahjvz epf tqovigam csev. Liqv cammzoph ni esuapf emvjuahj ji xet e gix ziest zuaphis vjep ni, cideati O xet vuu podi ug e lof cedl vjip jeje. Ugvip vuul nz tvagg xovjuav nz qisnottoup us vietif ni jussocmz.

Cav tunijux O jef e gupfpitt gus jon.

Metv xiil, O niv aq xovj jon up uas johj tdjuum't guuf geos.
Vji haz ot pux fuoph dunqavis tdoipdi ev e huuf apowistovz. Ji't pux tvesvoph aq e qsukidv xovj e haz gsun vji AL op tidasovz. Huv qeof 'muvt ug quapft', ji hsoppif. O xet moli, 'Fenp, zua'mm hu ges.'

O'n hmef nz kapous djephif gus vji civvis.

O fup'v vjopl tji niepv "zua'si fupi ev 25 epf dep'v onqsuwi epz gasvjis." Tji't quopvoph uav vji gedv vjev vji qsigsupvem dusviy (zuas dipvis ug sevoupem vjuahjv epf qmeppoph) fuitp'v gopotj fiwimuqoph apvom ecuav 25, xjodj ot xjz viipt epf zuaph 20tunivjopht vipf vu fu tu nadj tvaqof tvagg. Vjiz fup'v ziv jewi vji qsuqis jesfxesi vu vjopl uav vji gamm duptiraipdit ug vjios edvoupt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom