The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear of my past associates dragging me down.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

eccehomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 18, 2020
Heaven/Hell
I have the belief and confidence that I can achieve my financial goals but I fear that people will try to drag me down. I KNOW it will happen. Especially those that grew up with you because they dont want to question their life choices. It is the biggest blocking thing for me. How do you guys deal with the inevitable things that will try to drag you down and lose everything you built?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
The saying goes: There's no such thing as bad publicity
Use it to your advantage & spin it

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
I know he's not a popular man here but read Grant Cardone's Be Obsessed or Be Average. It made me understand myself better. I've always been 'obsessed' but the book made me really understand that part of me. Talks a lot about naysayers (who can be people who care like family) and haters who actually want to see you fail. Lots of good advice about how to mentally approach all these people.

eccehomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 18, 2020
Heaven/Hell
I know he's not a popular man here but read Grant Cardone's Be Obsessed or Be Average. It made me understand myself better. I've always been 'obsessed' but the book made me really understand that part of me. Talks a lot about naysayers (who can be people who care like family) and haters who actually want to see you fail. Lots of good advice about how to mentally approach all these people.
Yeah i just decided its a fact of life that anytime youre big you will get people trying to drag you down. Laugh, and continue to dominate.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
Yeah i just decided its a fact of life that anytime youre big you will get people trying to drag you down. Laugh, and continue to dominate.
When people drag you down, or criticize you, or try to make you give up, they are in fact still trying to figure out why they gave up on their dreams themselves. Seeing you succeed rubs salt into their own self-made wounds. Don't take it personally, one of you is retiring early and the other isn't.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I read that people still hate Sigmund Freud 100 years later, which proves he was a genius - Jordan B Peterson
Don't let them grind you down
There's only one thing worse than people talking about you
That's people not talking about you

eccehomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 18, 2020
Heaven/Hell
I read that people still hate Sigmund Freud 100 years later, which proves he was a genius - Jordan B Peterson
Don't let them grind you down
There's only one thing worse than people talking about you
That's people not talking about you
True. Excited for this new chapter in my life!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.