The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear of Failure

Chris_pfh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2020
United States
Hi FLF,

My name is Christian and I've recently been convinced that the fastest way to go from zero to one in any endeavor is to learn with others, and after I read MLF I knew that I had found my group!

In order to get over the initial fear of failure that comes with starting something new I decided to immediately begin building out my first business.
I have started building an info/membership business centered around productivity , and am already finished with the first half of an MVP.

What I'm curious about, and what I don't think I've seen anywhere else on this forum, is what really matters most in this business type? To me it seems that creating valuable content, and community engagement are the skills that would pay the bills. Though as I have not created anything like this before I would love to hear the insights of someone who has done this successfully.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you all on the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I'm a big advocate of not starting a business but in'running an experiment'. You don't know if the outcome will be positive or negative but either way you will be armed with useful knowledge at the end of it.

That way you avoid the stigma of failure and therefore the fear of it. When friends and family ask how it is going you can tell them what you currently have learnt from your ongoing experiment.

Now that can also be counterproductive as some people can use the fear of failure as a stick to drive success. It all depends on your outlook and personality.

I think what matters most is useful actionable information and the sense of community with like-minded individuals who help and support each other. That is what keeps me coming back to other forums/groups.

Last edited:

Chris_pfh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2020
United States
I'm a big advocate of not starting a business but in'running an experiment'. You don't know if the outcome will be positive or negative but either way you will be armed with useful knowledge at the end of it.

That way you avoid the stigma of failure and therefore the fear of it. When friends and family ask how it is going you can tell them what you currently have learnt from your ongoing experiment.

Now that can also be counterproductive as some people can use the fear of failure as a stick to drive success. It all depends on your outlook and personality.

I think what matters most if useful actionable information and the sense of community with like-minded individuals who help and support each other. That is what keeps me coming back to other forums/groups.

Thinking of it as running an experiment is interesting! I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the input. My current content keeps an emphasis on actionable information, and community but I'll keep the forum updated as I see results and areas for improvement.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...