The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Favorite Website Themes for Blogs?

D

Deleted50669

I'm wondering which website themes experienced bloggers are using. Are there specific criteria you use to rank which ones are the best for your topic / purpose?

Any insight greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mo3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 6, 2017
UK
I'm wondering which website themes experienced bloggers are using. Are there specific criteria you use to rank which ones are the best for your topic / purpose?

Any insight greatly appreciated!

I use generate press for most sites I develop. It's a very bare theme with extensive customisation options built in. Super flexible for layout.

It's lightweight, fast, works with woo commerce (should you need it), and best of all it has outstanding support and regular upates.

It requires creativity to put together a colour palette, fonts, graphics, etc., so if you aren't into design then a ready made theme would be better. If that's the case choose a well supported one - look for active development and excellent feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted50669

I use generate press for most sites I develop. It's a very bare theme with extensive customisation options built in. Super flexible for layout.

It's lightweight, fast, works with woo commerce (should you need it), and best of all it has outstanding support and regular upates.

It requires creativity to put together a colour palette, fonts, graphics, etc., so if you aren't into design then a ready made theme would be better. If that's the case choose a well supported one - look for active development and excellent feedback.

Thanks! I may opt for greater customization and just put myself through the ringer to learn it.

mo3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 6, 2017
UK
Thanks! I may opt for greater customization and just put myself through the ringer to learn it.

Generate Press is a great one to start with - no pain, just a learning curve [emoji846]

raddevon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 20, 2017
Seattle, WA USA
I like Divi. Like @mo3's suggestion, it's a WordPress theme with loads of customization options. It has various kinds of content blocks that make it easy to build pages/posts that don't all look the same. Unlike Generate Press, it doesn't offer a free version, so, if you're really strapped for cash, it may not be the way to go.

D

Deleted50669

I like Divi. Like @mo3's suggestion, it's a WordPress theme with loads of customization options. It has various kinds of content blocks that make it easy to build pages/posts that don't all look the same. Unlike Generate Press, it doesn't offer a free version, so, if you're really strapped for cash, it may not be the way to go.
Thank you!

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
I use Thesis for all my sites...Easy to create landers and stuff but for premade skins it kind of fell off a bit. Studio press/Genesis framework is a good one also.

If you're looking for cool themes magazine style themes, parallelex themes, check out themeforest. There are tons of them.

If you see someone using a theme that you like, go to whatwpthemeisthat / wpthemedetector and find out.

D

Deleted50669

I use Thesis for all my sites...Easy to create landers and stuff but for premade skins it kind of fell off a bit. Studio press/Genesis framework is a good one also.

If you're looking for cool themes magazine style themes, parallelex themes, check out themeforest. There are tons of them.

If you see someone using a theme that you like, go to whatwpthemeisthat / wpthemedetector and find out.

Will do, thank you!

TStrike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Aug 19, 2017
USA
I use thrivethemes (thrivethemes.com). I have the whole package and highly recommend it.

D

Deleted50669

I ended up using Generate Press (thanks again for the rec, "mo3"!). Now that's it's installed I'm gonna spend some time getting acquainted with functionality / options. This is cool!

mo3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 6, 2017
UK
I ended up using Generate Press (thanks again for the rec, "mo3"!). Now that's it's installed I'm gonna spend some time getting acquainted with functionality / options. This is cool!

It's really a great theme - so well coded and fast. Totally customisable. Check out the display thread on the forum to see what others have done with it if you get some spare time.

D

Deleted50669

It's really a great theme - so well coded and fast. Totally customisable. Check out the display thread on the forum to see what others have done with it if you get some spare time.
Can you link me to this thread? I ran a few searches and can't seem to find one called "display"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.