The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlaner Strategy: How One broke Aussie Did it

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
with alot of B.S material floating around, you begin to realize who is talking from experience. This guy has a more realistic view of the road to riches. Very similar to TMF in the idea that to get anywhere you have to solve problems and create value

He's good in my books, hopefully can help clarify for someone still searching for an answer.

Take it with a grain of salt, his strategy is big on buying shares and Affiliate programs, both of which you have minimal control over.

His main focus IS on multiple streams, so as long as he's not dependent on them, seems ok.

Curious to hear others' inputs.

[video=youtube;Oz0bPIrct2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz0bPIrct2c[/video]

[video=youtube;DVN5IrcsE6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVN5IrcsE6c[/video]

[video=youtube;VpImTtV4wiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpImTtV4wiI[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Yeah, I can say from experience that his advice is very relevant to Australia. He started building his wealth as an employee, if you listen to how he views being an employee (as running your own business with a single client) and always looking for opportunity within the business and apply that to your own employment situation (provided your employed as a skilled professional) you can definitely build wealth, it's called intrapeneurship.

In Sydney, Oz in a professional business related role this will land you in the 100k-200k p.a. range in your 20's, in part to very favourable conditions for employees. The rest comes down to your saving/investment strategy. Live as cheaply as possible and pump as much into investments as you can. You'll hit millionaire by your early 30's. Most of the successful people I've met/know of in Syd tend to follow that path. It's applying fastlane strategy to your 'job', and is something most people in a professional role can easily do to get on their way to wealth with very little risk involved.

Thanks for posting the vids.

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
very favourable conditions for employees

What favorable conditions are you referring to for employees in Sydney/Australia vs the USA or other countries?

I may mix in different social/professional circles, but all the guys in Sydney I know who are making $100k-$200k in their jobs are 'owned' by their employers and typically have lifestyles to match their income level (i.e. don't live cheaply).

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
What favorable conditions are you referring to for employees in Sydney/Australia vs the USA or other countries?

38 hour max working week, almost impossible to get 'fired' (redundancies come with tax free pay outs), 4 weeks annual leave, 10 days paid personal leave, compulsory superannuation paid by the employer, fairwork legislation that favours the employee if the employer so much as sneezes. We have used lawyers to put pressure on our employers when they try to change our conditions etc. and the employer has folded.

The fact that any skilled professional should be getting offered another job every other week and so the employer has to fight to keep you. I would call that very favourable conditions.

I may mix in different social/professional circles, but all the guys in Sydney I know who are making $100k-$200k in their jobs are 'owned' by their employers and typically have lifestyles to match their income level (i.e. don't live cheaply).

That's because they're not applying fastlane concepts to their employee situation. The only way an employer can 'own' you is if you don't have the freedom to walk whenever you please, usually because you've trapped yourself into an excessive mortgage (so common in Syd) or a certain lifestyle.

Note in the vids he doesn't say get a job, make yourself invaluable and then trap yourself into a debt driven consumer lifestyle. You need to live as cheaply as possible and invest as much as possible. When you're in your 20's and have a spare 600k lying around suddenly the 100k-200k you're getting paid by your employer isn't exactly a necessity, it's simply a means to further increase that wealth with very little risk.

I'll wager the people you speak of aren't 'owned' by their employers, they're 'owned' by their mortgages and possessions. :smxB:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
I'm sure most of the guys I knew (I'm not in my 20's anymore) weren't applying the fastlane principles.

But they definitely were not working just 38 hours a week. And since they typically had higher pressure/responsibility jobs, there was an implicit expectation (and sometimes explicit requirement) to do evening and weekend work and fly out at a moments notice. In that way, the company 'owned' their schedule.

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
This guy does a lot of really cool stuff. I just found out about him at the Health/Fitness Expo. It may be a little
random, but he is hosting an event with Arnold Schwarzenegger (who is one of my heros) for 3 days in Australia.
You can look it up yourself, but I know I am excited for it...

As for the videos, I completely agree with him that your network is very directly correlated to your net worth. These
videos were very relatable to a young entrepreneur like myself.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Yeah, I can say from experience that his advice is very relevant to Australia. He started building his wealth as an employee, if you listen to how he views being an employee (as running your own business with a single client) and always looking for opportunity within the business and apply that to your own employment situation (provided your employed as a skilled professional) you can definitely build wealth, it's called intrapeneurship.

In Sydney, Oz in a professional business related role this will land you in the 100k-200k p.a. range in your 20's, in part to very favourable conditions for employees. The rest comes down to your saving/investment strategy. Live as cheaply as possible and pump as much into investments as you can. You'll hit millionaire by your early 30's. Most of the successful people I've met/know of in Syd tend to follow that path. It's applying fastlane strategy to your 'job', and is something most people in a professional role can easily do to get on their way to wealth with very little risk involved.

Thanks for posting the vids.

If you consider being a millionaire wealthy, then great, but you can barely get by on a million dollars nowadays.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.