- Joined
- Sep 23, 2013
- Messages
- 338
Rep Bank
$1,380
$1,380
User Power: 256%
The industry I know better than any other is the wireless business (phones). I have some insight into others, but I currently manage a wireless store, and my job when I'm not selling (or dealing with employee bullshit) is basically to solve problems for customers. The wireless business is full of problems on both sides, loads of them. Billing issues, smart phones crapping out/getting damaged, user errors, signal/coverage issues, employees not doing what they are supposed to, and quite frankly, big companies that have learned that they can push customers around because they are dependent on their phone (wireless carriers, insurance companies, smart phone manufacturers). It's an industry with a lot of opportunity because of all the headaches, and on top of that, it's a growth industry. Truthfully, I don't have much passion for the business itself, but I know so much, including insider stuff about the company I work for that I'm not supposed to tell.
Having said these things, I am planning on starting a business centered around solving/alleviating some of the problems. However, I don't know exactly what that business would look like. My thought is some sort of website that helps educate consumers on what decisions to make when looking for a wireless carrier, what to do when problems arise, etc. I'm not sure what that would look like, and I'm not sure what the best ways would be to make money from such a site, which is where I would like your input. Below are some ideas:
-A website that seeks to educate customers on how to save money/deal with wireless companies effectively
-An ebook that does the above and costs a premium (I've written a few on different subjects)
-A forum that focuses on a specific product (iphones, android, Samsung Galaxy phones, etc.)
-Create a physical product? (I've never done this, but it's not out of the question)
-Copy something someone else has done and try to make it 10-20% better
Some of the above can be done in conjunction with one another. It would be ideal to come up with something where the entry barriers are a bit higher for most people. My knowledge itself could be considered a barrier for most I guess.
Your thoughts...
Having said these things, I am planning on starting a business centered around solving/alleviating some of the problems. However, I don't know exactly what that business would look like. My thought is some sort of website that helps educate consumers on what decisions to make when looking for a wireless carrier, what to do when problems arise, etc. I'm not sure what that would look like, and I'm not sure what the best ways would be to make money from such a site, which is where I would like your input. Below are some ideas:
-A website that seeks to educate customers on how to save money/deal with wireless companies effectively
-An ebook that does the above and costs a premium (I've written a few on different subjects)
-A forum that focuses on a specific product (iphones, android, Samsung Galaxy phones, etc.)
-Create a physical product? (I've never done this, but it's not out of the question)
-Copy something someone else has done and try to make it 10-20% better
Some of the above can be done in conjunction with one another. It would be ideal to come up with something where the entry barriers are a bit higher for most people. My knowledge itself could be considered a barrier for most I guess.
Your thoughts...
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
