The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Everyone loves a good logo... can you help me choose?

Which logo do you like the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

outsourcery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 9, 2009
Hey guys,

I've been playing with crowdsourcing logo design... it has been a little more grueling then I expected. Anyway, i'm starting a new mobile phone business targeting (mainly) women.

These are the 7 final logos, whittled down from 120+ submissions. Craziness.. Crowdsourcing the volumes are nuts. First time i've done it this way, not sure i'll do it again.

[/FONT] Photobucket link

Please take a moment to click the link, and let me know which number(s) you like best by using the poll thing.

I'm using photobucket because I couldn't find a decent photo polling free site (opportunity anyone?)

Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SitesForSales

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 20, 2012
My vote seems on par with the trend ( has 5 votes vs 2 others with 4 and others with only 1 vote )

Note please that it is because it conveys FORWARD movement and the color is trendy.
Color can be changed down the road when you want.
Also not the first 3 use the same symbol which is a registered trademark already.
This is why you need to be very careful when "joe web freelancer" is creating intellectual property.

CallMeWonder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 14, 2011
Seattle, WA
Logo 1. why?

Simplicity. Steve Jobs once said "The most complex thing I ever did was make something simple"..... or something like that.

Also, blue is the most attractive color to the human brain. It makes the brain feel good. Why do you thing Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are blue? People like it.

outsourcery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 9, 2009
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated, just a quick update to let you know how it has gone.

I'm located in Australia, so I've done my homework as far as domestic trademarks are concerned. These look ok to me legally. The market space here is pretty small, the competitors are large but few. The orange / blue logos where a little dicey TM wise (5 and 7), but the others are pretty clear.

I conducted a broader feedback thing amongst friends and family (got them to hit up their workmates, that extra degree of separation is useful).

The aggregate results are 1 and 4 tied with about 35% of the vote each, and then 6 with about 15%. The others filled in the difference. Got about 80 (total) votes in the end. Men strongly favoured 1 (about 70% of the vote), 4 was about even m/f slightly more F, and 6 was strongly in female (80%).

I personally liked the clean design in 1.. but i've opted for 4. It had proportionately more female votes, and a brighter palette. I'm a big fan of coherent colour schemes, so the colours in the logo will be broadly recycled in other materials. I was concerned that the relatively staid palette in 1 would result in a more bland branding effort, when I really need to be bold. That and the fact that I have a thing for bright colours ;)

Its being touched up a little (slightly stronger gradient on the blue) but essentially running with it as is.

Regarding outsourcing, I've done a lot of it so I'm pretty familiar with the tricks and traps. This was the first time i've 'crowd sourced' though. It was a bit of an experiment, because I'm being rushed into branding by outside forces. I thought it might save me some time and effort in the 'discovery' period of logo design, but it didn't really. Most of the proposals I received were uninspired, and bland. I was hit with a torrent of communication, mostly uninspired and bland. So it ended up taking as much time as it would have, had I just done some concepts myself, and then engaged a professional to finish off... that is my usual approach.

I wouldn't really recommend crowd sourcing. To attract the good designers you need to plonk down a large prize, and if you're going to do that, you might as just hire a great designer directly. And as I said, there was no saving in terms of time commitment.

Anyway, thanks again. I've got 2 years worth of work to get done in the next few months, so who needs weekends eh?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.