The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Environment = Mindset?

Anything related to matters of the mind

LouieLouie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
May 30, 2014
Fort Collins Colorado
Does your daily environment effect your mindset, and ultimately your success, more then you think?

We just moved from a tiny, 100 yr old rental house, in a low income neighborhood.

Into a nice 5-year-old home in a middle class neighborhood.

Here is my observation.

Coming home everyday, or worse yet, working from a rental house that I wanted to bulldoze down every minute we lived in it was demoralizing.

And being surrounded by low income people all the time, put me in a scarcity mindset.
I wanted to get out of that so bad I could taste it.

Everything, and everyone around me was screaming; "there isn't enough money around, I am poor, I am broke".

What I found is, with all this screaming going on around me, it compounded the uphill battle, to overcome the scarcity mindset. (If not making it impossible.)

Now

Having bought a home in a middle class neighborhood, the world seems like an abundant place. With lots of money readily available.

• There are new vehicles all around me.
  • People out running instead of sitting on the front porch.
  • People out working in there yards instead of letting them grow up.
  • There is a buzz in the air, it's a happening place.
  • ETC

And yes suddenly it isn't so hard to envision that we live in a world where there is virtually unlimited money.

I guess what I am saying is that I find, the internal struggle of being in and abundant mindset, is extremely difficult to have if you are IN the middle of the mud puddle.

I know I know.

The goal is not to be in the middle class, the people all around me are most likely not financially free. BUT they spend a lot of money, and that is a good thing for me as an entrepreneur.

Also I know that upgrading your living standard usually results in a higher cost which sucks from free time to work on FastLane. (Beings we bought instead of renting it didn't raise our cost any, but I know normally it would)

So the question I would like to present is;

Is the cost of upgrading ones living standard worth the price to pay to live in an environment that speaks abundance vs scarcity?

"It's hard to swim upstream"

PS: If you want an interesting study about the impact of our environment, read about how NYC tried for years to reduce crime through brute force. (didn't work) Then by simply cleaning up graffiti, and fixing broken windows, they virtually eradicated crime.

Love to hear if this effects any of you all

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I think it all depends on the person . I personally live in a low income area . Im also surrounded by those people with the scarcity mindset . SPECIALLY at my job all i hear is "THEY dont give me enough ours" " I deserve higher pay i've been here for ____ years" "This week my check looks like ____ I dont know how im gonna pay bills" ect. but this dosent effect me at all . I know my environment is not who i am . It honestly makes me work harder to escape it.

BUT i have a support team . This website PLUS my circle of friends that also have goals of success . So that also keeps me level headed.

Again i believe it depends on who you are how your environment effects you. I grew up in is environment but i know i can make it out . I think i may actually need this environment for right now to continually fuel my drive to do better .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.