The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur Magazine?

Gray Blimp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jun 21, 2016
Hello all,

Not really a book question but... Does anyone subscribe to Entrepreneur Magazine? It's only $10, so I figured if I could learn something breezing through the magazine each month, why not. I would also like to keep up on that sort of news. However, the titles of the articles on the website seem like a typical blog (5 things that will... blah blah). Wondering if the magazine has more substance or if I should stick to books. Anyone tried it?

Thanks,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
My kids sell magazine subscriptions to help their school. So I get a lot of magazines haha (apparently my property tax isn't high enough?)

I get entrepreneur magazine. I pay like $7 a year for it and I'm quite sure I got ripped off.

It's just a bunch of "rah rah" cheerleader guru stuff for the most part.

"75 ways to become a multi-zillionaire in 2017 while only working 4 days a week from your beach front office surrounded by instagram models!" (ok, it's not THAT bad, but you get the point)

There's some gold in it occasionally, but not really worth it to sift through all the BS to find it.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I just read the online free stuff. Trust me, it's very Fastlane friendly. Lots of tips, insights, challenging posts.
Better than many business news ( that are full of Slowlane mediocrity of investing like a pauper and playing safe)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
My kids sell magazine subscriptions to help their school. So I get a lot of magazines haha (apparently my property tax isn't high enough?)

I get entrepreneur magazine. I pay like $7 a year for it and I'm quite sure I got ripped off.

It's just a bunch of "rah rah" cheerleader guru stuff for the most part.

"75 ways to become a multi-zillionaire in 2017 while only working 4 days a week from your beach front office surrounded by instagram models!" (ok, it's not THAT bad, but you get the point)

There's some gold in it occasionally, but not really worth it to sift through all the BS to find it.
Just read online stuff...free. The best posts tend to surface out there.
A bit basic I do admit..but some of the writers or blog links provided have been useful to continue my education. Fastlane education doesn't stop at one magazine

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I had the opportunity to write for this magazine. But the founder of founder magazine didn't like my content ideas :(.
What did you write about? Why didn't the codger like it? What was your experience pertaining to the article?

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
What did you write about? Why didn't the codger like it? What was your experience pertaining to the article?

Doh! It was Foundr Magazine that I got rejected from by Nathan Chan. Not Entreprenuer magazine. Hence why I changed my post ;/.

In my defense, I've only slept an hour, think I'll crawl back to bed....

Gray Blimp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jun 21, 2016
Thank you all for saving me the time and money. I'll admit, I kinda wanted something to read in my mornings when eating because I don't subscribe to the local newspaper. I do listen to Darren Daily but that's only a couple minutes. Anyone give his Success magazine a try? Or should I just stick to podcasts and books? LOL.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
If you want to read business stuff, buy your local area's 'business journal'. You will see what industries are hot where you live, see the names of growing companies and people doing things (who you can then cold contact), and they profile local entrepreneurs and their ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.