The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entering young industry but with no differentiation?

Sisyphus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 4, 2015
Toronto
I happened to stumble on an idea that I really want to work on. The idea is really simple, but there is not much wiggle room.

As i was doing my research I found two companies in the states doing the exact same thing. Both started around 1 - 1 1/2 years ago. One of which just raised 1.5 mil in January. The idea is kinda location based; and the market kinda feels like the winner-takes-all sorta deal. One company already spread a dozen or so big US cities.

So is it worth working on an idea like this if you can't really bring anything new to the table, and don't have the first-mover's advantage? The only thing I have going is that I'm in located in Canada, and it will be probably 1-2 years time before these US companies spread to Canada. I can win on execution, but the team leading the market seems pretty strong.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
You can always differentiate. Customer service, marketing, value, product modifications, packaging, deals, better quality, cheaper product, etc.

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
"I can win on execution, but the team leading the market seems pretty strong."

So can you win or not?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.