The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entering a cornered market

A post of a ranting nature...

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
What can you do better than them?

If the answer is "nothing", then stay out.

If you've got something good, then chisel your way in, and the customers will start to siphon to you instead.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I figured that much. I have an idea for an added benefit that goes beyond what their produdct does But if my idea catches on, they would be quick to replicate the change and I'm not sure there would be anything stopping them from implimenting it on a larger scale to a larger audience.

Yes, it will probably happen, but not for a while (longer than you might think). The big boys are slow to pivot or change their ways.

You can't be a one trick pony. You've got one good innovation. Great! But you have to keep coming up with more as you go, so that you maintain the value edge in the mind's of the customers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redeye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 19, 2018
I've been researching a few ideas and i think I've found a decent opportunity. But, the market is essentially run by one company. They created the space and have a great reputation within the community.

There is 1 other major competitor, and they don't have a footprint close to the main company.

So here's my dilemma: I have never tried to start a company and have zero experience. The company that dominates the space has a reputation that has grown becuase of their outstanding customer service. Should I try to enter the market?

I figure working out the kinks along the way is the best practice, but I still feel some hesitation.

P.s. this might have been a rant on my end, I just have no one to flesh out these ideas with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redeye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 19, 2018
I figured that much. I have an idea for an added benefit that goes beyond what their produdct does But if my idea catches on, they would be quick to replicate the change and I'm not sure there would be anything stopping them from implimenting it on a larger scale to a larger audience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.