The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"education starts after graduation" - Book, Article, Video, Recommendations

Share your FTE moment...

Ztremere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 19, 2012
As a recent graduate I find myself with my head buried in more books now than when I was in college. Anything that you found helpful on your path to a fastlane business would be greatly appreciated!!

Books that I am reading right are:

Thinkertoys - Michael Michalko (Creative thinking techniques) Awesome for people looking to train their minds to see opportunities

Cold, Hard, Truth - Kevin Oleary (Bio) Biography but also plenty of interesting insights to what made him successful and business tips.

ALSO MuscelprodigyTV on youtube has some inspiration videos that can applied to individuals looking to create something "more"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
If you want to become a better salesperson/marketer, I HIGHLY recommend:

1. Neville Medhora's Kopywriting Kourse: In less than 3 hours, this course teaches you how to stop writing non-converting, boring-as-all-hell copy and start writing ads/sales letters/newsletters/etc that make people THROW their money at you. Probably the best money I've ever spent on any course EVER.

2. Oren Klaff's "Pitch Anything": To put it simply, this book teaches you how to pitch like a boss. Whether you're cold calling, in a VC meeting, at a trade show, or anything in between, this book teaches how to sell anything to anyone. This is like the BIBLE for salespeople.

3. The Robert Collier Letter Book: If you're a copywriter (or aspiring copywriter), read this if you haven't already. If you've read it already, read it again. This is truly a marketing classic. Robert Collier is one of the founding fathers of copywriting, and this book was wayyy ahead of its time in terms of his methods for writing captivating copy. A great study tool for copywriters.

4. The Gary Halbert Letters: These changed my F*cking life. Gary Halbert is called "the Godfather of Copywriting" for a reason. If you want to be a better copywriter and don't feel like spending $189 on the Kopywriting Kourse, head HERE and start reading. I recommend you read the Boron Letters first, but the site's kinda hard to navigate, so google "Gary Halbert boron letters" and prepare to have your world rocked.

5. Anything by Seth Godin: The guy's a marketing GENIUS. It's like anything that comes out of his mouth makes money. All of his work is great, but my personal favorites are Purple Cow (Learn how to innovate), Free Prize Inside (Learn how to KEEP innovating), and Meatball Sundae (make your company work for your marketing, not the other way around).

etthehiphoppreacher is another great channel on YouTube. His videos are like a swift kick in the a$$ whenever you're feeling unmotivated/lazy.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
4. The Gary Halbert Letters: These changed my F*cking life. Gary Halbert is called "the Godfather of Copywriting" for a reason. If you want to be a better copywriter and don't feel like spending $189 on the Kopywriting Kourse, head HERE and start reading. I recommend you read the Boron Letters first, but the site's kinda hard to navigate, so google "Gary Halbert boron letters" and prepare to have your world rocked.

You think these techniques still work? IMO, they seem "old school" -- more suited for direct mail and not for online applications.

Just curious.

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
You think these techniques still work? IMO, they seem "old school" -- more suited for direct mail and not for online applications.

Just curious.

I think they still work, and they're a great foundation for newbs that are learning basic, general copywriting, but as you said, they're best suited for direct mail. I probably should've specified that.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Thanks for the great summary KopyKidd. I must admit at first I only read the first paragraph and immediately thought you were just promoting your own product (because of your name + first post) and spamming here, but now I read the complete post and I think the tips are really good! Speed+

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
- SPIN Selling should be pretty close to the top of any salesperson's list.
- First, Break All The Rules is a great read if you deal with human capital in your business at all.
- Blue Ocean Strategy for coming up with new markets for your product/services.
- What To Say When You Talk To Yourself if you have a terrible attitude you want to change (it's cheesy but brings up good points)

barbarian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Feb 8, 2013
do you know books about how to write and create impact in blogs?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.