The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecommerce that thrives or survives off of viral marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

phenom4hire

Onwards and Upwards
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 26, 2011
Jesup, GA
I post this in relation to a business Ive seen mentioned elsewhere. I don't know if most here are familiar with potatoparcel.com but it is basically a guy who sends potatoes through the mail with funny or planned messages on them. I don't think this business actually provides much value other than maybe shock/humor on the part of the recipient. That leads me to believe that the initial and continued success depended on this idea going viral which it did.

My question to INSIDERS is this. After finding success to the tune of 20,000 in sales and 10,000 in profit a month, how would you approach the future of this particular business? In an interview I recently heard with him, it sounded like they were planning on ramping up business a bit and maybe expanding into to themed potato's or something. I don't understand his thought process of being able to sustain such a business. I see this flaming out before the end of the year but I could be completely wrong. I wonder how much of his profits he has put aside. Once people are bored with the idea, I see zero chance to maintain or sustain growth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.