The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eat that Frog!

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
May 21, 2019
The Rust Belt; MI
This is a book by Brian Tracy. I've read his stuff before, some good, some okay. Eat that Frog is about procrastination. And, the Amazon reviews are correct: you don't have to buy the book to learn its message (but, some many times we need to be told the same thing in many different ways before we get it. I am no exception). It's not good, it's "okay"; but it really did the trick! The book is not about procrastination as a whole, but as procrastinating on your most important task. And, that task, is your biggest frog. And you need to focus on eating that frog first before you do other things. Seems so obvious and dumb and I truthfully didn't even finish the book yet (didn't need to, plus I found they wrote part 2 of Millionaire Next Door so I'm reading that now). But, the main message (which I just told you), has really helped me. You guys ever take Adderall? I'm not advocating taking it without a prescription (which I have), but I more or less only took it when I needed it. This doesn't mean I took it "recreationally," as it makes you feel like crap. But it does make you focus on stuff. But to "eat that frog," you only have to do one thing! I don't even need Adderall for that: Eat that Frog has made/forced me to focus on my most important task first.

"And that has made all the difference."​

Late 2019 and early 2020 was pretty crappy for me. My job is 90 miles from home and I bought a trailer near work I share with my ex-GF. Work had been really, really stressful. I had like $25k in credit card debt, vacant rental properties, and I was on the verge of calling my investor and asking on an extension for a couple of the properties. I had Eat that Frog! in my Amazon shopping cart and I finally pulled the trigger and bought it in March. Soon after, one of my tenants made me an offer to buy the house they were living in. I said yes and by "eating each frog" that came up to close this deal, I netted $20k. Coronavirus had something to do with this success as they bought the house with $0 penalty withdrawing from their $401k (coronavirus has been huge for me too, giving me an extra 5 hours per day working from home).

Next up I had to do some things to get the $10k business loan. Not much work but I tackled that knowing it was more important than say, cutting the grass. Next up I knew I had to get a vacant house filled. How to do that? Have an open house. Don't delay on listing the house. Literally listing a house in my underwear at midnight was at one time the most important thing on my list. I got $4000 down for that house (rent to own). Next up is another vacant house. Biggest frog? I had to find a handyman because they all suck. I told him not a penny until the job is done. He finished. Then a lady who had a big down payment was coming to look at it on Sunday night. Saturday it was a mess. I was up until 5 am getting that house ready for her. Now, although a different family, I am meeting up with a nice young couple Thursday to get $10k down on this house. The current frog to eat is printing out the documents for them to look over and sign before Thursday. They have $10k that I want, so that's obviously my fattest frog.

Right now, since I'm not driving to the office and instead working from home, fixing my muffler in my $1000 car is just a small toad. My $800 pickup needs a bearing and tie-rod but she runs fine if I don't go over 55 MPH so...baby tadpole. But tomorrow you better believe I'm going to cut the grass, water grass (it's getting brown), light a couple candles, sweep the floor etc., because those people who have $10k will meet me Thursday. So, you see, I'd much rather light candles and sweep than fix a muffler or tie-rod. But the book made me understand that candles and grass-cutting is at the moment the most important thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia
It's amazing how good it feels when your actions put you on a path towards your goals!

I want to check this book out. Thanks for the recommendation and good luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.