The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eat, Pray, Love

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Anyone read this? I'm half way done with it and it is inspiring me to really take hold of what I want out of my life and go for it!

This book is amazing!! I'd love anyone's feedback...I'll give mine upon completion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
I've never heard of it, and I'm not religious, but I concur with the first and last ideas. I'm good at eating, and love's always good. I'm re-reading Trump's "Think Big and Kick a$$". I need some more up-n-go at the moment.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
MSMoney,

I read it a while back - and also found it inspirational. It was a nice balance she was striving for, too.... pleasure, spiritual peace, love.

I think sometimes people feel trapped in their life. They think they HAVE to live in their town. They HAVE to work in their job or their industry, they HAVE to be a certain religion or have a family or not have a family. It can be very liberating to realize you don't HAVE to do any of those things. You can CHOOSE to do / or not to do them instead.

And, Australianinvestor, it is pray in the give-yourself-some-space sense.... not pray in the Christian, or Muslim, or any-other-religion sense.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Have you read her thoughts on writing?
Elizabeth Gilbert - the writer's official website

I LOVE this bit

"Magazines, editors, agents –
they all employ young people making $22,000 a year
whose job it is to read through piles of manuscripts
and send you back letters telling you that you aren’t good enough yet:
LET THEM DO IT.
Don’t pre-reject yourself.
That’s their job, not yours.
Your job is only to write your heart out, and
let destiny take care of the rest."

Too true...
don't pre-reject yourself!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
MSMoney,

I read it a while back - and also found it inspirational. It was a nice balance she was striving for, too.... pleasure, spiritual peace, love.

I think sometimes people feel trapped in their life. They think they HAVE to live in their town. They HAVE to work in their job or their industry, they HAVE to be a certain religion or have a family or not have a family. It can be very liberating to realize you don't HAVE to do any of those things. You can CHOOSE to do / or not to do them instead.

That's where I'm at right now, ATW! I can't wait to pick it up and finish it! It really makes me want to go back to Italy again....sigh.... :love1:

ForestL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 6, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I watched Oprah, last night and the whole show was on that book. My girlfriend said that she was going to pick it up, I will most likely read it when she is done, it looks pretty interesting. There are in the works of filming a movie based on the sorry, lead role is Julia Roberts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.