• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Dream job made into business, app development

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by ytomasch, Jun 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ytomasch

ytomasch New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $47
    Hey everyone, I will be using this thread to monitor the progress of my application development company I have created. Currently I have on internal product (app) being developed with a subscription model for income and multiple users lined up, and one contract to develop an application for a client. I am currently working a 50/50 split between the two products and am making good ground.

I have come to a difficult situation in which I cannot seem to locate further clients. Cold calling is mostly dead in my opinion, but having one client to spread my name does not seem to be enough to get started. Does anyone have any advice?

2. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow Nick Seavert - JangaFX Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,631
    Connect with people in the industry who would want your app via LinkedIn. Befriend them and grow the relationship. Later down the road, they might want to buy it.

Also, build a product that people want and need, and if it's good enough users will start talking and tell their friends.

LittleWolfie and ytomasch like this.
  3. ytomasch

Rep Bank:
    $47
    I'm a bit confused as per the first part of your response. The company at the moment is a contractor style development company. People pay for apps to be developed via contract. At the end they end up with an app and possibly a separate support type contract. 'Your app' doesn't seem to apply, as each client has an app developed for them. Can you explain in a different manner maybe? Appreciate it.

4. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow Nick Seavert - JangaFX Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,631
    I thought you were trying to get clients for your new subscription app, at least the way you wrote it sounds like you're making it for you. It seems that you do contract work building apps for others from what you said here, so I don't have much feedback. I know there are plenty of people that need apps built, just have to find them, of which there are many on this forum I'm sure.

ytomasch likes this.
  5. ytomasch

Rep Bank:
    $47
    I appreciate the help in terms of this forum, any advice on how to speak with other members without taking advantage of the platform as an advertiser? I don't want to necessarily take advantage.