The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dream job made into business, app development

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ytomasch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 8, 2018
Ohio, USA
Hey everyone, I will be using this thread to monitor the progress of my application development company I have created. Currently I have on internal product (app) being developed with a subscription model for income and multiple users lined up, and one contract to develop an application for a client. I am currently working a 50/50 split between the two products and am making good ground.

I have come to a difficult situation in which I cannot seem to locate further clients. Cold calling is mostly dead in my opinion, but having one client to spread my name does not seem to be enough to get started. Does anyone have any advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Connect with people in the industry who would want your app via LinkedIn. Befriend them and grow the relationship. Later down the road, they might want to buy it.

Also, build a product that people want and need, and if it's good enough users will start talking and tell their friends.

ytomasch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 8, 2018
Ohio, USA
Connect with people in the industry who would want your app via LinkedIn. Befriend them and grow the relationship. Later down the road, they might want to buy it.

Also, build a product that people want and need, and if it's good enough users will start talking and tell their friends.

I'm a bit confused as per the first part of your response. The company at the moment is a contractor style development company. People pay for apps to be developed via contract. At the end they end up with an app and possibly a separate support type contract. 'Your app' doesn't seem to apply, as each client has an app developed for them. Can you explain in a different manner maybe? Appreciate it.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm a bit confused as per the first part of your response. The company at the moment is a contractor style development company. People pay for apps to be developed via contract. At the end they end up with an app and possibly a separate support type contract. 'Your app' doesn't seem to apply, as each client has an app developed for them. Can you explain in a different manner maybe? Appreciate it.
I thought you were trying to get clients for your new subscription app, at least the way you wrote it sounds like you're making it for you. It seems that you do contract work building apps for others from what you said here, so I don't have much feedback. I know there are plenty of people that need apps built, just have to find them, of which there are many on this forum I'm sure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ytomasch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 8, 2018
Ohio, USA
I thought you were trying to get clients for your new subscription app, at least the way you wrote it sounds like you're making it for you. It seems that you do contract work building apps for others from what you said here, so I don't have much feedback. I know there are plenty of people that need apps built, just have to find them, of which there are many on this forum I'm sure.

I appreciate the help in terms of this forum, any advice on how to speak with other members without taking advantage of the platform as an advertiser? I don't want to necessarily take advantage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.